Monday, June 15, 2015

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we have another snippet from Wind in White Birch. It`s our picture prompt and the excerpt must reflect the image and be under 300 words.  Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!




            “If I can just explain before you flay me alive,” I said, meeting Julia`s cold black eyes.
            “This should be interesting,” Julia commented coldly. “I’m very anxious to hear your explanation for why you treated Jonah like shit.”
“Now just wait a minute!” I snapped at the woman looking down at me. The breeze blew through the white birch trees, tossing her hair and mine into our faces. “I did not treat him like shit.” So much for my fantasy of a finding Jonah alone here and making up with a bottle of wine in front of a fire. 
“Right,” she scoffed, planted firmly with arms folded tightly. “What happened? Did your little white girl fantasy about being with the big Indian brave go sour when you discovered he wasn`t some cheap romance novel hero?”
“How dare you accuse me of such a thing?" I gasped, shaken to my core at her brutally harsh and cutting words. “What`s between Jonah and me has nothing to do with anything like that!”
“Huh, you could have fooled me,” Julia sneered coming down the steps slowly. I held my ground. 
“Jules, that’s enough.” We both went rigid at the sharp command when Jonah walked around the side of the lodge carrying some firewood.


Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the talented Tuesday Tales authors.


See you next week!


9 comments:

Iris Blobel said...

The protective sister, I can relate. Great snippet .... An I will patiently wait for next week :-)

Jean Joachim said...

Yay, Jonah! Leash your sister! I love this scene. The protective sister and the outraged girlfriend. This is moving in the right direction. Whew. Now I can put down the box of rotten tomatoes I was going to throw. Lol. Well done, as usual.

V.L. Locey said...

Phew! I sure am glad to see those rotten tomatoes aren`t in the picture anymore. =D

Thanks for dropping by Iris and Jean.

Davee Jones said...

Dayum, he made me snap to attention! love it

Jillian said...

NICE! I love how you worked the picture into this exchange. Perfect!

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks Davee and Jillian!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Nice family dynamics!

V.L. Locey said...

I know, right?! Thanks for visiting, Flossie.

morgan said...

Meow! The claws are out!I was almost afraid of getting scratched because your scene seethed with rage & snarkiness.