Monday, June 22, 2015

Tuesday Tales - Old



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we have another chapter for Wind in White Birch and our word prompt is "Old". Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!




I turned to look at Jonah. He was just as strikingly handsome as always, even with the firm set of his jaw and those plump lips in a tense line. Light green flannel coat, old jeans, free flowing hair, and sunlight dappling the sharp angles of his face.  He took my breath away.
 “I think you probably have things to do at home. Thanks for the help," he said to his sister.
            Julia mumbled something that sounded unpleasant in her native tongue. Jonah stalked around us both and entered his dream. I honestly didn`t know what to do. Julia did. She put a finger to my chest and pushed sharply.
            “I`m not sure what kind of game you`re playing, but if my brother comes back to me in the shape he did two weeks ago --”
            “I think you have things to do,” I said. A long moment ticked off second by second. She stormed over to her Jeep and left, never once looking at the lodge or me. That was just as well. I would have hated for her to have seen me hyperventilating. After my erratic breathing was under control, I climbed the steps slowly. At the open doorway, I hesitated. Jonah was kneeling by the massive stone hearth adding pungent green pine logs to the fire.
            “Come in, you`re letting all the heat out,” he said without looking at me. I stepped inside and turned to close the wide door softly. Various smells tickled my nose. Varnish, wood smoke, pine, and Jonah`s cologne. “What are you doing up here?”
            “I wanted to-” I cleared my throat. I hated the stiffness between us. “I wanted to talk to you. I missed you,” I said, staring at his wide shoulders covered with silky ebony hair. All I could think of was touching it – touching him. He peeked over his shoulder then laid another fat round log into the flames, his sight going back to the fireplace.
            “You drove all this way just to say that? Why not call?”
            “I didn`t know if you would answer,” I said candidly. “I`m not sure what happened but . . . I`m sorry. I didn`t mean to make you feel as if you weren`t a very important person to Rhett and me,” I hurried to clarify. I could see his shoulders tensing then relaxing as he fiddled with the fire. “This wasn`t all my fault, you know? This fight, you carry some blame too. You never gave me time to explain you just stalked off. How is it fair to walk away like that?”
            “It`s not,” he said. I closed my eyes in thanks. “I shouldn`t have left, that was wrong, but I was pissed.”
            “Yeah, it was wrong but I understand. I was hurt and angry too.” I stepped around a fat blue couch done in a western pattern. He stood up and closed the fire screen. It was a lovely thing with two huge bucks facing each other worked into the metal screening. Sparks and sap sizzled and danced behind the deer pawing the ground aggressively. Jonah turned from the fire to look across the room at me. I could not have guessed what he was thinking. The man was quite adept at hiding his emotions. "You can`t just walk away, Jonah. If we're going to make this work you have to stay and hash things out."
            "Even if I say something stupid? Because my mouth was filled with stupid things."
            I nodded. "Yes, even if you say something stupid. At least we'll be talking."
            “Okay. I see what you`re saying. I'm sorry, I just wasn`t sure how to handle it. This is all new to me. So now what?” he asked. We stared at each other.
            “We both say we`re sorry and you go get my bags?”
            “You`re here for the weekend?”
             I nodded.
            “Alone?”
            I nodded once more.
He seemed fastened to that spot. Funny, but my feet were rather reluctant to move too.
“You go first,” he said, the corner of his mouth ticked upward briefly. “Don`t argue, because I got you on the ladies before gentlemen thing.”
God, he was such a wise ass. “Jonah,” I said looking right into his coal black eyes, “I am sorry.”
“I didn`t want you to apologize." He opened his arms. “I wanted you to come over here and let me try to make up for being such a smacked ass."
 My sticky feet suddenly found freedom. I ran across the spacious lounging area and launched myself at him. He caught me neatly and covered my mouth with his. Ah, the taste of him! The feel of his mouth moving over mine! That kiss felt like a nourishing drink after a crawl through a desert. I was parched and I drank greedily, digging my fingernails into his neck and scalp. His tongue moved in sinful sensual ways, slipping into my mouth to explore and then sliding out to tease. My toes began to cramp from standing on them. Jonah`s teeth moved down my neck, his hands cupped my ass.
“My bedroom is right upstairs,” he huffed beside my ear. That was all he said. He didn`t push me physically or mentally, he just let me know and then returned to tasting my jugular and massaging my backside.
“Is there a fire lit?” I panted, rubbing myself wantonly against his erection. Raucous spring winds blew outside the stout lodge.
“Don`t worry, I`ll keep you warm.”
Of that, I had no doubts.




Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the Tuesday Tales authors.

Tuesday Tales

See you next week!



10 comments:

Iris Blobel said...

Oh yes perfect. Great excerpt :-)

Jean Joachim said...

Yowzer! Now you're talking!! Love this and makeup sex is so great. They are a wonderful couple. Thank you for bringing him back. *Sigh*.

Sarah Cass said...

Oh yay, o yum, oh me oh my oh wow....~happy sighs~ Happy happy happy reader here right now. That's all I can say.

Cathy Brockman said...

I love Jonah!

V.L. Locey said...

I'm so glad I don`t have to hide behind my rotten tomato shield anymore! =D

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Nice makeup!

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks, Flossie!

morgan said...

Awww. I can go to bed happy now. Maybe now as happy as her...

V.L. Locey said...

I suspect she is going to be quite happy when she finally gets to sleep! Thanks for dropping by, Morgan!

Jillian said...

oooh, very nice! I love that her sticky feet allowed her to move into his arms and he's going to keep her warm! NICE!