Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday Ramblings - Oops! She Did It Again!



My silly Mama Duck just had to go and do it. I suppose she felt that the four ducklings she hatched about 2 months ago were big enough to fend for themselves. In truth they are but they don`t want to hear it! Just look at this picture. You can barely tell the ducklings from the adult ducks!


Must be Mama Khaki saw those big ducklings and said "Hmm, I think it`s time to make a new nest and have more baby puddle ducks to tend to!" So she did!


Since I'm a sucker for birds that like to set, I'll let her keep her lovely new nest. One can never have too many ducks, can they??

Speaking of babies that are growing up quickly, check out these darling little bunnies! They are up and bouncing all over their pen. Makes opening it and trying to feed them interesting. Taking a picture of all six is downright impossible!


And another baby that is growing by leaps and bounds is our new pup, Maisy. Here she is keeping a close eye on a rather odd-sounding monster known as a "weed eater". (I have a post ready about Maisy and how she came to be a member of our household. Look for it in two weeks.)



Heck, even the Jersey steers seem to be getting bigger all the time! Must be something in the well water here on the hillside farm.



Or maybe it's just the fresh mountain air? I know that mountain air sure does have a wondrous effect on me!



2 comments:

S. J. Qualls said...

Cute babies on your place!

V.L. Locey said...

They keep us hopping, S.J.!