Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Ramblings - An Evening on the Pond



For those who may not know it, my family and I are ridge-runners. Yep, we live in the mountains of Pennsylvania in a very small and rural county. I think it is the most beautiful place on earth, but of course everyone thinks that of where they live. And if you don't, you need to move.

We are lucky to have permission to fish on a local farm pond. This time of year we like to pile into the boat and spend an hour or so on the water looking for Mr. Big Bass. While Mister and Miss had some success I caught only weeds. Oh well, it`s not really the tally of fish caught that matters, it`s the time spent with no TV, no cell phones, and nothing but those you love the most close at hand.






6 comments:

Cathy Brockman said...

That is beautiful glad ya enjoyed your fishing. I need to send Alan and Leslie fishing LOL

Liza O'Connor said...

PA is naturally a beautiful state. Fishing does sound lovely.
I have beautiful sites in NJ, but I won't consume the local fish. I don't trust the water in NJ, but if I moved to PA I wouldn't trust the water there. In fact, I'd need to move to New Zealand before I'd trust the water.

Yep, I've developed a water phobia.
But the scenes are gorgeous. You are blessed.

Misty Harvey said...

I agree. I love spending time away from electronics, and fishing...well, I'm not great at it, but I love doing it. It looks like a lot of fun.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all. We practice catch and release for bass simply because they`re a bit too soft in such warm water for our tastes. Now brook trout caught in a cold clear PA stream? That`s dinner! =D

S. J. Qualls said...

Fishing... as near to meditation as gardening.

V.L. Locey said...

So true, S.J.!