Monday, April 20, 2015

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt



Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales.



Today we have a small excerpt from the next installment of Wind in White Birch. This week is our picture prompt week. Our excerpts must be 300 words or less and incorporate the image somehow. Don`t forget to visit the other talented Tuesday Tales authors. Thanks for stopping by!

Wind in White Birch



                I think I ordered baked rigatoni. It looked, smelled, and tasted like rigatoni. The consistency was right. Ribbed pasta with thick sauce and melted mozzarella that stuck to my tongue. If I had been able to tug my sight from Jonah sitting across from me, I could have been sure it. When he had began forking individual bites of his own meal into my mouth I kind of lost sense of time, space, and my own place in the universe. Heck, I could have been sitting in the middle of a country road on the back of a singing mule for all I knew.  Thankfully, something pulled me back from the mental void. Probably it was the wandering violinist playing something Italian as he strolled past our table.

            “You`re going to run out of food,” I pointed out after chewing and swallowing a delicious mouthful of veal and cheese. “Here, I don`t want you to grow weak before we even get a chance to have dessert.”

            He silently leaned over the table and tugged a cheesy rigatoni from my fork with his teeth. I sat in my nicely upholstered red chair watching him chew. I was holding things together well until he ran his tongue over his lips to gather up a few droplets of tomato sauce. Then I had to cross my legs to try to calm the eruption of need that his display had caused. His eyes never left my face. I felt color creeping up into my cheeks. Jonah dabbed at his mouth, got to his feet, and extended his work-rough hand to me. I giggled nervously, noting that most of the diners were still dining and not dancing.

            “Don`t look at them,” Jonah said. “Just look at me.”




Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the talented authors of Tuesday Tales.


See you next week!


9 comments:

Iris Blobel said...

I'm sure she's not able to look anywhere else anyway :-) .... Looooooved it!

V.L. Locey said...

I would be hard to look at the salt and pepper shaker, I agree! Thanks for stopping by, Iris. =)

Jean Joachim said...

OMG, I can't keep my eyes from him. Geez, what a sexy excerpt this week. Yet so subtle. I love food and sex together. The perfect blend.

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks, Ms.Jean!

Joselyn Vaughn said...

So many sensory details! Fantastic.

Jillian said...

oooh. NICE - now I want Italian and a hot guy to dance with!

V.L. Locey said...

Italian does sound good, doesn`t it?!

Thanks for coming by Joselyn and Jillian. =)

morgan said...

Aww, I'm half in love with Jonah.

chrysnjay said...

I bow down to my idol. You are a master at word crafting! I loved it. Every single word.