Sunday, April 19, 2015

Top 3 Bonds





Oh, James!

Is there a spy out there that captures the hearts and imaginations like James Bond? I grew up watching the 007 films and have quite a soft spot for Mr. Bond. If there is a marathon on, you'll find my hubby and I in front of the TV. While I enjoyed, and still enjoy, all the actors that have played that super sexy secret agent, I do have my favorites. What about you? Is there a special Bond or two for you? Tell me about your top Bond men in the comments below! Here are my top 3 in order.


1-Sean Connery




Sigh. And sigh again. For me, this is the epitome of Bond. Sean Connery set the bar. He has shown all that come after him how to drive a car, smoke, dress, make love, look, speak, handle a gun, and deliver a catchphrase. Nobody does it better in my book.


2-Pierce Brosnan




Cue the sighing again. I have been a fan of Mr. Brosnan's since his Remington Steele days. The man is simply stunning, incredibly virile, gifted with a voice that makes my knees slightly rubbery, and a fine actor. His tenure as Bond was a gift for all womankind.  Oh to be Halle Berry in Die Another Day!


3-Roger Moore





While Mr. Brosnan may be a very close second to Connery for many reasons, Mr. Moore is a sound third on my list. For me, the reasons for loving Moore as Bond aren`t as tangled up in lust as they are for Connery and Brosnan. While Moore is a handsome man, it`s more his style and his flair at delivering sharp one-liners that wins him the third place placard for me.



Do you agree with my picks or not? Who would you choose for your top 3 Bonds? Share your thoughts in the comment section below while I prepare some drinks.

Shaken, not stirred, of course.




4 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

You are right on the money. I couldn't agree more. Feel exactly the same for the same reasons. Good choices!!

Tabitha Shay said...

#1--Well, of course, as you say, Sean Connery set the bar. He's # 1 in my books and even now, is still a sexy man, with a wonderful voice that can make my knees turn to rubber.
#2--Timothy Dalton is my second favorite Bond. Even though he only made 2 Bond movies, I thought both of them were well acted out, filled with not just sex and lust, but true emotions. If it wasn't for Sean Connery, I'd choose Timothy for # 1....I really don't have a third. Never cared much for the others who portrayed Bond. Their movies were excellent simply b/c they were Bond movies, but I didn't care for them as Bond...

morgan said...

Sean Connery is always first in my book.

V.L. Locey said...

Looks like Sean is the winner so far!