Monday, October 20, 2014

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt

It's time for more romance!



We are still moving onward with a short Christmas serial titled Blue & Silver Bows. We have a picture prompt this week so the excerpt is written to reflect the image and must be three hundred words or under.   

This week Jonah and Dana meet up for their first date. Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!


Blue & Silver Bows





 Grinding the gears a little, I hurried out to Homestead. I had roughly fifteen minutes to meet Jonah at The Waterfront, a huge shopping complex along the mighty Monongahela River. It`s a monstrous place built on the site of the former Homestead steel mill with theaters, restaurants, and a comedy club among many other ‘cool’ places. Also, it was relatively easy to find.

I had nervously taken care of where we would eat and the evening`s entertainment as Jonah knew nothing about the local nightlife here. I swung off the bridge that spans the Monongahela. Christmas lights and twinkling decorated trees were everywhere. I drove around, swiping at the windshield occasionally. My trusty Toyota clattered into a slot and heaved a sigh of relief when I turned off the engine. 

Pulling back the sleeve of my coat I saw that I was ten minutes late. I swatted the clock above the radio then hauled ass to the front doors of The Improv. I saw Jonah chatting with some man and all that ‘Here comes the cougar! Rowr!’ spirit blew away like a balloon with a prick in it.

And didn`t my date pick that time to turn from his conversation to look at me as if on cue. I placed a hand nonchalantly on the wall hoping it looked like something like a come-hither glance. Jonah said something to the tall fellow he was chatting with then walked over to me. His long legs chewed up the distance quickly. He moved like a mountain lion, all sinew and stealth. I suddenly had a strong urge for a fancy drink. Perhaps several fancy drinks, all different colors.

Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the talented Tuesday Tales authors.




12 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

The description of Jonah and the way he moves reiterates why she is there. He's stubbing and sexy. Her nerves are so real. I feel as if I know her and I'm pulling for her to find the connection and stay with it. Great story.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Jean. I hope she and Jonah find that connection as well.

Tricia Andersen said...

I love the part of the dash clock...because the same thing has happened to me. Lol! And I want Jonah.

V.L. Locey said...

Ha,ha! It's happened to me as well, Tricia. Thanks for visiting!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Great as always where Jonah is concerned. I especially love the last four sentences!

Iris Blobel said...

Omg ... I just love it how you write, the way you described Jonah (I'm a bit in love with him), her emotions "hauled ass" cracked me up ... can't wait for more!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Flossie. I've been in that place as well, wishing for a drink - or several! =D

Aw, Iris, you`re so sweet. That Jonah is a man that is easy to develop a crush on!

Jillian said...

great job with the snippet and I Love how you used the picture!

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks Jillian!

chrysnjay said...

So much I love in this scene and with this story.
My favorite part: His long legs chewed up the distance quickly. He moved like a mountain lion, all sinew and stealth.

V.L. Locey said...

Don`t you just love watching men walk?

Thanks for dropping by, chrisnjay!

SherryGLoag said...

Only one small complaint!! It was over far too quickly. Awesome writing. :-)