Monday, October 27, 2014

Tuesday Tales - Ghostly

Welcome back to Tuesday Tales!



Today we have the another installment of a short holiday addition that spanned White Moon, Yellow Leaves and Wind in White Birch.

Our word prompt this week is 'Ghostly.' Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!

Blue & Silver Bows



The man looked good enough to eat.

He had worn black jeans covered by a long ebony wool coat. Obviously he was fond of boots for he had forgone the old shitkicker`s he had worn at the lake in favor of an onyx pair of alligator boots that shined like Yul Brynner`s head. His coat was unbuttoned. Under the coarse wool was a wide chest wrapped in light blue cotton. He had forgone traditional neck-wear in favor of a bolo with black cording and a silver and turquoise stag tie. His hair had been pulled back into a ponytail as thick as my wrist.

It was the look on his handsome face, though, that made me lean against the wall instead of merely using it for support. Close to three weeks had passed since he kissed me beside Mud Puppy Lake. His eyes were fiery black gemstones as he ran a long look over me. I flushed. My mouth got dry. My shoes felt too tight and my bra suddenly shrunk.

“Dana,” he said, stopping three inches shy from flattening me against the wall.

He was fixated on my mouth. My sight was glued to how thick his lashes were. I ran my tongue over my lips. The man shuddered imperceptibly. I acted in typical Doofy Dana fashion and held out my hand. Jonah glanced down at it, stunned me into blindness with a smile filled with perfect white teeth, and then raised my fingers to those plump lips of his. He kissed each digit then rolled my hand over to nibble on my wrist. I wanted to say something but all that came out was a sort of ghostly choking sound which made him chuckle warmly as he ran his lips over my pulse.

“You sure have a way with words,” he teased.

“Maybe we need to go get our seat and order,” I offered with feigned nonchalance, “Since you’re so hungry you have to gnaw on my arm.”

The look he gave me through those long black lashes made my inner thighs itch. “This is nothing. You should see how I could feast on you if only you`d give me a chance.”


Oh roar.


Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the talented Tuesday Tales authors.






10 comments:

Iris Blobel said...

Oh roar alright ... Lol ... give him a chance!
Another great post!

V.L. Locey said...

I know I would give him a chance or two!

Thanks for coming by, Iris.

Jean Joachim said...

Wow, smokin' hot! I love this story! He's a great book boyfriend.

V.L. Locey said...

He really is a find book boyfriend.

Thanks for coming by, Jean!

chrysnjay said...

Whew! Fanning myself. I've always been a sucker for a Native man, with that long dark luscious head of hair.
Wishing my name was Dana right now!

V.L. Locey said...

You and me both, chrysnjay!

morgan said...

I always love your descriptions, especially this one, an onyx pair of alligator boots that shined like Yul Brynner`s head.

V.L. Locey said...

That is darn shiny!

Thank you for the kind words, Morgan.

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Love the fiery black gemstone eyes-- wonderful image. Roar indeed!

SherryGLoag said...

Great descriptions in this snippet. Where's my fan :-)