Monday, August 11, 2014

S.M. Shade Visits!

Please welcome S.M. to our little corner of the interweb. She`s brought along a couple of her characters from her new release, The Last Woman, as well! 



Blurb:

    When Abby Bailey meets former model and actor, Airen Holder, in a darkened department store, romance is the last thing on her mind. A plague has decimated the population, leaving Abby to raise her son alone in a world without electricity, clean water, or medical care. Her only priority is survival.
    Traumatized by the horror of the past months, Abby and Airen become a source of comfort for one another. Damaged by her past and convinced Airen is out of her league, Abby is determined to keep their relationship platonic. However, Airen is a hard man to resist, especially after he risks his life to save hers.
     When a man named Joseph falls unconscious in their yard, and Abby nurses him back to health, everything changes. How does love differ in this new post apocalyptic world? Can three unlikely survivors live long enough to find their place in it? 

Author Bio:

S. M. Shade is a homeschooling mom hopelessly addicted to Dr. Pepper, love stories, sunshine, and men with full sexy lips, though not necessarily in that order. A voracious reader since sounding out her first word, she started writing as a teenager and rediscovered her love of writing as an adult. Originally from Indianapolis, she now lives in a small Kentucky town with her teenage son.
Links:
Buy links:


Character Interview with Airen Holder and Joseph Crane from The Last Woman.

Welcome, guys. Would you introduce yourselves?
Airen: My name is Airen Holder, and the man beside me with the unfortunate dimples is Joseph Crane.
Joseph: Thank you for having us.
So, how are things? I understand you’ve had a tough couple of years.
Airen: That’s one way to put it. Watching the world fall to a plague is certainly tough.
Joseph: We’re doing well, thank you. It’s been hard, be we’ve learned a lot in the past two years. We have a working farm, solar power, and most importantly, a family of wonderful people to share it with.
Speaking of wonderful people, Airen, tell me about Abby. How did you meet? Was it love at first sight?
Airen: We met a few months after the virus, in an abandoned department store. I don’t know about love at first sight, but I was taken with Abby from the very beginning. There is something about her that’s different from any other woman I’ve ever met. I knew I had to have her.
Joseph: He’s a complete doting schoolboy in her presence. It’s kind of sickening. All kidding aside, Abby is a lovely woman. Selfless, brave, and compassionate.
Airen: And mine.
Whoa. Do I sense some tension? Is there a tug-of-war over her affections?
Joseph: He’s teasing. I love Abby, and I’m very grateful to her, but she and Airen are perfect for one another.
And do you have a love interest?
Joseph: My boyfriend’s name is Troy. We’re very happy together.
Airen: I have to agree. I’ve caught them being “Happy Together” quite a few times.
I’ll address this question to you both. What is your greatest dream?
Joseph: You go first.
Airen: Oh no, after you, dimples.
Joseph: Asshole. My greatest dream is to raise my son in a peaceful world. To surround him with people who will allow him to be himself with no judgment.
What a lovely thought. Airen?
Airen: Two years ago, I’d have said to win an Emmy.
Joseph: *cough* shallow
Airen: Now, I reckon I’m living my dream. I have the woman of my dreams, and beautiful kids.
I imagine it’s been quite an adjustment for you, though. What did you do for a living before the plague?
Airen: And I thought you recognized me. I was a model and an actor.
Joseph: Both skills that endlessly come in handy in an apocalypse. I was an electrician.
Airen: I have many other skills that shall remain unnamed in such mixed company.
Joseph, would you say Airen is your best friend?
Joseph: Well, you have to understand that my choices are very limited, but yes.
Airen: Ha, you love me.
You two are quite amusing together.
Airen: You notice he didn’t deny it.
Joseph: I’d advise you to take slow, deep breaths to avoid smothering in the cloud of arrogance.
Just one more question. Will you be appearing in future books?
Airen: Of course! We wouldn’t tease with just a taste of us, and then deny the public.
Joseph: Yes. We will appear in two future books. Our author has written our story as a trilogy. So we’ll be back, and hopefully, so will the readers.



No comments: