Saturday, May 24, 2014

Liza O`Connor Pays a Visit






Liza shares why Dani never had a date since Junior High School before Sam showed up.
It certainly wasn’t because she wasn’t pretty. She was one of the two prettiest girls in Jr. High. The other was Andrea Collins. The two girls couldn’t have been more different. Andrea wore overly sweet perfume, padded bras, mini-skirts and four inch high heels.  Her red hair was truly red and she loved the boys. 



Dani wore no makeup, favored her gramp’s old cowboy hats, bluejeans and T-shirts. She either wore tennis shoes or cowboy boots. She was very shy and tended to study her feet when a boy approached.




One other detail you need to know. The two girls hated each other.
Here’s an excerpt from the book when Dani talks about her past with Trent (Trevor).



 “I take it you don’t like Andrea.”
“Nope. She stole my crayons in kindergarten, my homework in middle school, my boyfriend in junior high, and my reputation in sophomore year by telling everyone she’d seen Cougar and me doing it under the bleachers, which was a bald-faced lie, but Cougar bragged he had, so everyone believed it.”
Trent squeezed her hand, wishing he could give her support. Dani’s life was hard and she needed a hug. However, Sam wouldn’t appreciate Trent doing the job for him.
“Thank you for removing Andrea from my GPS. While she caused you a great deal of pain in the past, karma has clearly set matters right. You’ve become a successful young business woman and a fabulous person. Andrea, on the other hand, wears god-awful perfumes, has fallen to one of the worst professions there is, and I suspect Cougar is probably one of her customers.”
Dani squeezed his hand in return. “He and half the town. She only charges ten dollars, so most of the males seek her out.”
“Well then, karma has given her the life she tried to give you.”

Later Dani explains more to Trent

“Do you remember meeting Cougar?”
“Big, muscular bully?”



“That’s the one. He was Denton High’s all-time high-scoring football player. Get him the ball and he’d run right over the opposing team. I remember one game where he crossed the goal line dragging three defensive players along like burlap bags.”
“Was he as big as he is now?”
“Actually, bigger. While he denies it, I’m pretty sure he used steroids growing up. He slimmed down two years ago when the state troopers arrested the local supplier of steroids and sent him to prison for the other fine drugs he handled. I expect Cougar will swell again once the criminal gets released.”
“Please don’t tell me you liked him.”
Her eyes rounded in outrage. “Hated him. However, once he claimed I was his girl, no other boys would speak to me, in fear of their lives. So Sam is the first guy I’ve dated since junior high.”
“You mean, even after you graduated, no one would date you?”
“Sam’s the only one.”
“Did you try dating people outside of Denton?”
“I don’t have time to go bar hopping. I have my own place to tend.”
“So Sam was your first?”
She stood up and walked away. “That’s none of your business.”
Trent stared at her in confusion. Why did his question make her angry? Clearly, she had misunderstood him. Mentally, he ran through his words and how they might be taken.
“Oh! I don’t want to know about your first time. I asked if Sam was your first adult boyfriend.”
She returned and sat beside him, covering her face with her hands. “Sorry and yes, Sam is my first adult boyfriend, although I often question the word ‘adult’.”
Trent laughed as he recalled many of Sam’s temper tantrums over the years. “Perfectly normal. That’s the general consensus about all men.”
“Honestly, I’m not really sure how Sam ranks in relation to other guys.”
“I’d call him a catch. He’s got a lot of good qualities.”
“So do you”
Trent shook his head. “I’m not there yet.”
(Insert cover)
Climbing Out of Hell 
 Book 4 of the series
A Long Road to Love
Romantic Comedy
Billionaire Trent Lancaster has destroyed his relationship with the only woman who ever loved him. Now we discover the full truth of what happened. 
He actually had reasons for his behaviors.
Still, there is no going back. Trent has lost Carrie forever, but he would rather die than marry Coco, so he does just that. Trent gives away most of his possessions, fakes his death, and starts over with a new face and a better attitude in a small town in Iowa where his half-brother Sam is sheriff.
Losing his true love has fundamentally broken Trent to his core. His only chance for happiness is to become the better man Carrie had always seen inside him.
True change is not easy. Can Trent grow up and become a man we can love?

Links
Released May 1, 2014
Book Four of the series:
A Long Road to Love
Climbing out of Hell
 “Easily, the best of the series!”

Other books in the A Long Road to Love series
Book One
Worst Week Ever
“Love this book and couldn't stop laughing from beginning to end.” 5 stars – Alves - Amazon

Book Two
Oh Stupid Heart
“Be warned though, this book is completely different from The Worst Week Ever. Yes, there is still humor, dry wit, situations that you would think...NOT AGAIN but this one humanizes Trent more.” 5 stars - Brian’s Mom – Amazon

Book Three
Coming to Reason
Once again, Ms. O’Connor has written a brilliant book about the complexities of relationships, good and bad. Again, to me, the book is the best break up book EVER and it left my heart singing in the end. Best.Book.Ever…


Other Books by Liza O’Connor

Liza O’Connor
Author Bio:
Liza lives in Denville, NJ with her dog Jess. They hike in fabulous woods every day, rain or shine, sleet or snow. Having an adventurous nature, she learned to fly small Cessnas in NJ, hang-glide in New Zealand, kayak in Pennsylvania, ski in New York, scuba dive with great white sharks in Australia, dig up dinosaur bones in Montana, sky dive in Indiana, and raft a class four river in Tasmania. She’s an avid gardener, amateur photographer, and dabbler in watercolors and graphic arts. Yet through her entire life, her first love has and always will be writing novels. She loves to create interesting characters, set them loose, and scribe what happens.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT 
LIZA O'CONNOR & UPCOMING BOOKS:


Don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter for the $50 Gift Card.
Plus, at each stop 1 commenter who requests a book and leaves their email will win one of the following:
Worst Week Ever
Oh Stupid Heart
Coming to Reason
Ghost Lover

Rafflecopter code
Use what you need and remove the rest


Html for Rafflecopter for Blogger sites:

Link for Word Press: 

Link to my rafflecopter on my blog


6 comments:

Liza O'Connor said...

Thanks for having me on your site. Once I saw a picture of Andrea, I understood why she is really popular with the men in the town. She's really pretty. (Don't tell Dani I said that.)

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks for being here, Liza!

Devika Fernando said...

That was really interesting to read. I believe in karma, so yup, Andrea got what she deserved.
I do think people can fundamentally change who they are. We can't change them, but they can, if something or someone opens their eyes and if they really want to.

Melissa Keir said...

I loved Cougar. He started out scary but really has a heart of gold. I'm glad that Andrea got some of her comeuppance. Everyone had someone like Andrea in HS.

Toni Kelly said...

You're right, they both are really pretty. Wow, Liza I have to say I truly feel I've been pulled into another world/town/place. You have so much thought out in this whole series, it's great!

Liza O'Connor said...

What lovely comments.

Devika, you are spot on! Others cannot change people, but they can, if they truly perceive the need to change, do it.

Sadly Andrea gets more than her actions warranted, but that horrible moment did enable her and Cougar to become better people.

Melissa, I seem to have a thing about creating scary characters monsters and making them good people. There's one in my next series as well. Shows up in book two.

Toni, Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, my characters become very real to me.

Thank you all for stopping by today. Don't forget to enter to win the $50 prize.