Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Sneak Peek

Here`s a fun way to discover possible new reads. Just hop from one blog to the next for six paragraphs from that author`s current WIP or published work! This week I`ll be sharing something from my newest release, A Most Unlikely Countess, which is book 2 of the To Love a Wildcat hockey romance series. 

In this sneak peek, Liz is in the Wildcats` locker room. 






“…when he first came over from Finland. Hell, that must have been six years ago now. Ouch! Christ, Clarkie, don`t rub so hard! They`re calves, not sides of beef,” the captain of the Wildcats snarled at the trainer kneeling in front of him. “As soon as he arrived, I knew he would fit in and be one of the boyce.” I had to assume ‘boyce’ was Minnesota speak for ‘boys’. “Any man that retaliates for the itching powder in his cup by sprinkling sneezing powder into your helmet is a contender for my friend—shit!” the man hissed as the old, bald man worked on Derrick Andersson`s knotted calf muscles. “Are you going to write any of this down?” Derrick asked when he noticed the silence coming from Veikko Aho`s dressing cubicle.

I couldn`t speak to reply, so I just continued to stare at the trainer trying to massage years of abuse from Andersson`s legs. Clarkie, the trainer, was the only thing I could look at in the Wildcats` locker room that didn`t make my face flame. As it was, I was crammed into Veikko`s cubicle, my knees to my chest, my sight locked on Clarkie the calf masseuse.

Men walked past in various stages of undress. Derrick was in nothing but a towel, his beard and hair wet from his shower when he had spied me then limped over. Veikko had not only gotten me a free pass to wherever I needed to be in the Houseman Center, he had apparently told everyone on the team to come talk to me. I wished he had told them to wear pants for the interview. Pads and coats and rolls of tape tumbled down on me as I wriggled back further to avoid the massive redheaded center, Bobby Fovea, when he ran past with his dick swinging in the breeze. This was so never happening again I vowed, going wide-eyed when Viviana`s lover trotted out of the showers in his birthday suit. No wonder she was so pleasant all the time now. That man was packing some serious meat.

“Oh God,” I muttered, then tore my gaze from Alain Lessard`s package. Derrick began chuckling despite the pain of his legs.

“Too much beefcake, eh?” the forty-year-old captain asked. I nodded then turned a deeper crimson color.


“Ah, there is Liz!” the defenseman from Quebec shouted as he reached into Veikko`s cubicle to remove my hands from my face. “You are so shy,” he teased, patting my head before he showed me his bare back. “If Viviana were in here, she would be placing rating stickers on every penis she saw. Mine would be a ten of course, but Andersson`s? A mere one.”

*~*



You can find Liz and Veikko`s book, A Most Unlikely Countess, here: (It is recommended that you read the series in order)








You can find Pink Pucks & Power Plays, the first book of the To Love a Wildcat series, here:





*~*



Don`t forget to check out all the other great Sneak Peeks!

4 comments:

christinacoleromance.com said...

I look forward to visiting your blog each week during "Sneak Peek Sunday". I never know what awaits me, but I know it will always be a fun read. Both of your "Wildcats" books are now on my TBR list.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Christina! I like keeping readers on their toes. ;)

Carly Carson said...

I commented earlier but I wasn't sure if it "took" so here goes:

I love hockey. But I've never seen it from the locker room side :). Maybe I should fix that right now 'cuz it looks interesting! lol

V.L. Locey said...

Hi Carly! Always nice to have another hockey fan stop in to visit.