Thursday, April 10, 2014

Seduced by the Game - A Personal Back Story

Every book, every novella, every short story or poem is special. We authors pour our hearts and souls into our works. We weep and cheer with our characters. Sometimes, though, a book comes along that is even more special simply due to the reason it exists. That is how I feel about Seduced by the Game. Every author involved is a proud supporter of Hockey Fights Cancer. 100% of all royalties are being donated to the cause. 



For me, when I saw the call for submissions for this anthology I knew I had to submit. I had to try to get involved. Even if I had not been fortunate enough to have had Heir Apparent chosen for inclusion, I would have found a way to help. Cancer has touched my life, as I know it has touched many of you out there reading.

My Pop is now battling for the third time against this terrible disease.




He has fought against prostate and colorectal cancer. Those he beat, but had to have a colostomy to win the second war. Now he has spots on his liver that have him, us, and his oncologists quite worried. Treatment options are being discussed, and let me tell you, none of them are appealing. I have seen firsthand how cancer whittles down a robust man to a thin, weak shell of his former self. Yet, he has not given up nor have we. I hope through the sales of this anthology that we will get one step closer to finding a cure for cancer. Every penny helps.

You can get your copy of Seduced by the Game for your eReader here:





You can also visit the Seduced by the Game website to find print copies of the anthology, as well as t-shirts, mugs, pins, and other great ways to help win the fight against cancer! There`s also a HUGE giveaway going on at the website. You`ll want to check it out and enter for you chance to win some great prizes!

Seduced by the Game Website



8 comments:

christinacoleromance.com said...

Thanks for your support of such an important research effort. As you know, I lost my little sister to cancer. We've lost several other family members, too. As you've said, every contribution helps in the fight.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you for dropping by and sharing, Christina. *hugs*

Jeanine said...

Thank you for your contribution and story. My father-in-law died of cancer. It is a terrible disease.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you for stopping by and sharing, Jeanine. *hugs*

Jean Joachim said...

My best friend is battling cancer right now. Every effort helps.

V.L. Locey said...

This terrible disease has touched so many lives. You`re right Jean, every bit of effort helps.

tammy ramey said...

i can’t wait to read the book. i love the cover, it’s gorgeous and all of the authors are fantasticly talented, some of my favorites too. :)

tammy ramey

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Tammy! There are some fantastic hockey romance writers involved in this. And such a good cause. =)