Monday, March 10, 2014

Tuesday Tales - End

Welcome to Tuesday Tales! This week I`ll be sharing excerpts from my 2013 NaNoWriMo novel, Laco Law – The Gnarled Oak. Laco Law is an M/M historical western romance, set in the fictional county of Laco, Texas in 1867.

This week our word prompt 'End'. In our excerpt this week, Clayton and Zeke finally find a place to rest their heads.

A note for my readers:  This is a gay romance novel, and so the romance that occurs is man on man. If this is not your cup of tea, no one will think less of you if you read no further.

 As this is my NaNo work, it is quite rough. I do ask that you overlook any glaring mistakes you may find. Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!



            As it turned out, the horses almost ended up with better accommodations then Zeke and I did. It was pure hell to find a room. I grew more furious with each subsequent dismissal. If it were not for the generosity of the local bordello, Zeke and I would have been sleeping on the depot office bench. While my deputy may have drawn worried looks from a few of the ladies of the night as we hauled our tired asses up Madame Moon`s carpeted staircase, they held their tongues. One even went so far as to offer Zeke her services for the night. He graciously refused, casting a wary eye to me as we passed the ladies lined up along the balustrade.

            Truly, the wonders of a whorehouse never seemed to escape me. Granted, not every brothel was as nicely decorated as Madame Moon`s, but so far the accommodations had been pleasant, clean, and the staff friendly. Given their profession, I had to assume the friendliness to anyone with a prick was part of the service, but it was well-received nonetheless. Our room was velvet-draped, scented thickly with perfume, contained a bed large enough to hold several men, and was blessed with a bathing tub tucked behind a tall Chinese folding screen.

            Zeke and I both offered our thanks when our hostess arrived in a cloud of purple satin. Madame Moon was perhaps forty. Her face held pale blue eyes that possessed vast knowledge, round cheeks, a button nose, perfectly painted lips, and a heart-shaped beauty mark expertly applied beside her ruby lips. Her hair was bright yellow, festooned with purple flowers and small, stuffed violet birds. She was a substantial woman with tiny feet wrapped in purple slippers. She smiled down at Dog when he slithered under the bed.

            “I always make room for lawmen,” she said, her voice holding a foreign accent I could not properly place. “They scratch my back. I scratch theirs.”

            “Thank you most kindly, Ma`am,” I said, my hat in my hands. She smiled warmly at the gesture.

            “Such a chivalrous young sheriff.” She laughed. "Imagine a lawman taking his hat off for a fat old whore! I do like you. Tell me, which one of the girls would you like? They`ll be included in the room rent. I think Janelle would be willing to bed that strapping Indian deputy of yours.”

            Whatever it was that she heard in our refusal I cannot say. Madame Moon gave us both a long look, smiled knowingly, and then left us to “Enjoy the comfort of whatever it is that brings you comfort, Gentlemen”. The door closed behind her ample bustle. I looked sheepishly at Zeke. His sight was tacked to the back of the door.

            “What did she mean by that?” he asked. I did not feel like pondering upon secret meanings. I began stripping off my clothes, my eyes fastened to the large tin tub filled with steaming water sitting behind that tall Oriental screen. “Do you think she knows about  . . . what we do with each other?”

            “I could not say,” I said as I bounced around on my right foot while tugging on my left boot. Zeke padded over to lock the door. Within moments we stood before each other naked. “But I would suspect there are no sexual proclivities that a whore that old has not been witness to or has partaken in.” I caressed him with a look. “Does it worry or offend you?”


            “No,” he mumbled with a soft shake of his head. I was relieved to hear that. I reached for him. He took a step in reverse, his eyes roaming to the bed. “I`m  making love to you then I`m bathing,” he announced. My cock leaped upward at his commanding tone. “Then I might take you again,” he added before he walked to the bed then lay down upon it. The thick mattress sighed. It ballooned up to envelope his long, brown form. I could not join him quickly enough.


Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Click on the link below to return to the Tuesday Tales main blog for more great reads from the talented authors of Tuesday Tales.


See you next week with more from the old West!





11 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

Evocative, flavorful description of their almost comic stay at the whorehouse. I love the character of Madame Moon and their reaction to her. Beautifully written as always. I'm loving this journey.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you most kindly, Ms. Jean!

Sarah Cass said...

I imagine he's right...there isn't much an old whore like Madam Moon hasn't seen. Love all the interactions.

Cathy Brockman said...

I love this story!

Jillian said...

loved it! especially the last paragraph!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all very much!

morgan said...

Wonderful imagery and a lovely description of Madame Moon. :)

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks, Morgan. Madame Moon was sure fun to write!

writerszenblog said...

I already love this story, but this scene is exceptionally good. I love her comment: “Enjoy the comfort of whatever it is that brings you comfort, Gentlemen”.
Excellent!

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks, WritersZen!

kathleen ball said...

love the little details you use