Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bring Out Your Dead!


Or, you know, they can walk out by themselves to join the party.

Aw, Mr. Undead Dude wants to give us his heart. I just love romantic zombie-filled moments, don`t you?



Oh. I almost forgot.


Party time!

I know. Most people wouldn`t be so excited to hear that the walking deceased are returning. Then again, most people might not know about Paul and Gordon, the two leading men in my M/M zom-rom-com Two Guys series. I`m so pumped-up about signing the contract with Torquere Press for Paul and Gordon`s third novella, that I`m giving away a pdf copy of their second book, Two Guys Walk into an Apocalypse 2: It Came from Birmingham to celebrate!



We`ll also have a nifty zombie recipe, as well as an excerpt from Two Guys 2. I wanted to share an image or two of a certain sexy zombie slayer that carries a crossbow, since this certain show is returning this very evening, thank the gods! Sadly, I can`t share any images of this sexy crossbow carrying zombie slayer due to copyright issues. I can, though, share this recipe for a cocktail known as a Zombie. A few of these and I might not care if the undead are knocking on my door or not! Nice segue, huh?



How to make a Zombie

11/4 oz. Lemon Juice
3 dashes Grenadine
3/4 oz. Blood Orange Juice
3/4 oz. Cherry Brandy
3/4 Light Rum
2 oz. Dark Rum
1/2 oz. High-proof Dark Rum

Makes one drink. Combine all ingredients well over ice cubes in shaker. Strain into large frosted cocktail glass over crushed ice. Can be garnished with pineapple, cherry, or a sprig of fresh mint.

Sounds great! Here`s something else you might like, an excerpt from Two Guys 2. In this scene Paul, Gordon, Tink, and the Colonel are discussing a very interesting theory Gordon has.

*~*

            I smiled at Tink. Her pointy little chin was greasy. Her eyes were still swollen and turning lovely shades of green and purple and blue but her lips were turned up in a grin. It was amazing what a hot meal could do for a person. I tapped the end of her nose. Gordon entered, wiping his hands on his pants from his washing at the hand pump. His dark hair was soaked and dripping down his bare back. He quickly tugged his t-shirt over his head.

            “Boldly they rode and well into the jaws of death, into the mouth of Hell rode the six hundred!” The Colonel waved his plate at me. I shook my head at the old gent and filled a plate for myself and Gordon, sucking the grease from my fingers after I was done serving. Rodney said nothing. He simply stood up with his plate and walked out the back door. Tink squinted at the door bouncing closed.

            “What crawled up his ass and died?” she asked with a mouthful of mutton. Gordon waved her question off. I, on the other hand, do not suffer fools or homophobics well. I swallowed the chunk of meat then looked right at the spunky little brunette seated on the counter.

            “Rodney has some issues with Gordon and me,” I explained, picking up another sheep nugget with my fingers and drawing it through the juice coating the platter. Tink tipped her head to the left. The Colonel mumbled something then handed Tallahassee a small bite of meat.

            “Well, we`re leaving tomorrow so he can sleep outside with the fucking zombies if he wants to, you know?” Tink slid to the floor to refill her Styrofoam plate. “Worlds fucking falling apart and people are still being assholes.”

            “We might get lucky and Gordon`s gay gene theory might pan out,” I said, winking at my partner. He was unusually reserved this evening. Tink scurried back to her spot like a little squirrel. She even resembled one with her cheeks filled with mutton.

            “So what is this theory of his? I mean . . . ” Tink took a moment to force the wad of chewed meat down. ". . .If he`s thinking that the only people who have survived are the gay ones I think Rodney kind of blows that hypothesis all to shit.”

            “I never said it was only those who were out. I said it was those who carry this yet unknown gene,” Gordon corrected and sat down beside the Colonel, his shadow scaling the wall behind him.

            “Are you insinuating that Rodney Rider may carry a gene inside of him that may make him gay? If you`re saying that please let me be the one to tell him!”

            Gordon was not amused although Tink snorted lightly and cuffed my arm playfully.

            “Paul stop being so you, okay? All I`m saying is that there are so many variables to genetics that we`ve only started to research, or were researching. No-one knows what makes a person gay. Maybe everyone carries this ‘gay gene’ and it remains dormant in some people.” His dark brown eyes were alive as he talked. “Maybe the ones with the dormant gene are the hetero community. I don`t know the answers and probably never will.” He sighed and dabbed at a puddle of rich broth with a large sliver of meat. “But until something proves me wrong, I`m going to stick to the theory that those of us who have the ‘gay' gene are the possible carriers of an antidote. Zendra wanted Tink pretty badly.”

            “Yes, but they shipped her partner off. Sorry Sweets,” I rushed to say in apology. Tink chewed harder.

            “Because Karen hadn`t been bitten, scratched, or otherwise infected. If you recall, Tink was just recovering from her bout with the first phase of infection when we found her in North Platte,” Gordon corrected.

            “Perhaps Karen was smarter than you and didn`t suck on her lover`s face right after she had been attacked?”I asked. Again, the humor was lost on Gordon. I wasn`t sure what was chafing his ass but something was.

            “Cossack and Russian reel`d from the sabre stroke,” Colonel Richards interjected.

            “Indeed they did, Colonel,” I smiled at the gent gumming his mutton. “Some of us will be more reel`d than others.” I clapped his thin shoulder as I walked past him.

*~*

Do the gays really carry the gene that will end up saving humanity? How do Paul and Gordon, as well as the others, fare in their journey northward? Will Paul and Rodney ever learn to get along? Will Paul find his mother in good health? Will we really see moose in the next book? Should we go to Liz`s, hole up, have a nice cup of tea and wait for this to all blow over?

We`ll get some answers in Two Guys Walk into an Apocalypse 3: He`s a Lumberjack and He`s Undead, when it releases exclusively from Torquere Press.

Until then, you can catch up on the craziness by grabbing a copy of the anthology  that contains the novella that started it all. You can find Two Guys Walk Into An Apocalypse in He Loves Me For My Brainsss by clicking on this link-http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=3774





The apocalyptic snark-filled saga continues in Two Guys Walk into an Apocalypse 2: It Came from Birmingham, which you can find by following this link:


Now for the giveaway! It`s easy to win. Just tell me in the comment section below what your favorite zombie movie is. That`s it! Make sure you leave your email address as well, so I can find you if you`re the winner. I`ll draw a winner tomorrow morning, provided I can slog my way to the computer after all this zombie partying.



Thanks for dropping by to help celebrate! Good luck! 

2 comments:

Cathy Brockman said...

what a fun post!!I loved the recipe and had to borrow it! This is a fun book and I cant wait for the next one ( leavve me out of the contests..I already have this one )

V.L. Locey said...

I hope you enjoy your Zombie, Catniss! Thanks for stopping by.