Thursday, December 26, 2013

Please Welcome Sharita Lira!

Today Sharita Lira is here to fill us in on some of her favorite couples, as well as to dish about her new releases! 


*~*


My Favorite Couple

BLMorticia

Hey readers! When watching a TV show, movie, or reading a book, do you have a favorite pairing that you gravitate to? Is it because they look wonderful together, like Mr. and Mrs. Smith in that movie, or if you’re an eighties baby, you recall General Hospital with Luke and Laura! Well romance authors have that kind of relationship with their characters too and I’m sure some of you readers have found your favorites that stick out more than most.

Who are some of my book faves? Luke and Simon from Sue Brown’s Morning Report is definitely tops, Roan and Jake from Tara Lain’s Attraction series even though they have a third. And another I can think of, Donovan and Mischa from Lee Brazil’s Truth or Dare series. Did ya’ notice they were all m/m couples? *laughs* I haven’t been reading a whole lot of hetero so these couples stood out to me.

What about in my own writing? Well, my very first couple will always be my fave regardless! I mean I have several that I adore. Vanessa and Jayson from Losing My Inhibitions, Jimmy and Alex from Something Fresh, as well as Ty and Alain from Candyman just to name a few but no one tops Nathan and the Lieutenant from My Lieutenant.

Like Rawiya, I’m partial to interracial romances and think it’s a lot hotter. Nathan and Bryant’s story seemed so easy to write from day one because they gel so well together. From the beginning when Nathan gives Bryant grief about being on the fence to Bryant convincing his lover to move to New Orleans, the situations I write them in flowed off the page.

For this reason, Nathan and Bryant will continue to have shorts I’ll be releasing as free stories in the near future. Just like the one I did for Christmas. Also, my loving couple make an appearance in the series the Triad is doing right now, called N’awlins Exotica. They pop up in book one, I Like Em Pretty and will continue to be part of the supporting cast.

What is it about Nathan and Bryant that makes them so special? Not sure, but like I stated earlier they were made for each other and nothing makes a book, tv show, or movie like a couple who gels!

Who are your favorite couples from a book, tv show, and or movie. Leave me your comments!





My two latest releases. One under BLMorticia, the other under Rawiya



Blurb: Bryant is still trying to convince his lover how great the holidays could be but Nathan isn’t buying into the holiday cheer. However, the Lieutenant has some tricks up his sleeve to show his husband to be the true meaning of Christmas.






Blurb: Denny Brothers is upset about being alone. After spending it with the man he’d been gushing over for years, he’s wishing for his sad existence to be change and little does he know witch Shelba Marrisco already has plans in the works. Enter Paul Alexander, a charming and sexy package handler with a special after Christmas gift they both can enjoy for the rest of their lives but in order to have a chance, Denny has to let go of his beloved chocolate lab, Preston, in exchange for everlasting love.


Author Sharita Lira: In one word, crazy. Just crazy enough to have 3 different muses running around in her head, driving her to sheer exhaustion with new plot bunnies and complex characters.
 This happily married mother of two beautiful children loves music, computers, reading, and still enjoys reading and writing fanfiction. She’s a proud member of the Erotica Readers & Writers Association, as well as an advocate for rights of LGBT citizens.  She’s also a contributor to the heavy metal ezine Fourteeng.net.





 For more information, please visit http://www.thelitriad.com as well as her Facebook fanpage, The Literary Triad.
 The Literary Triad - http://www.thelitriad.com/#!
 Michael Mandrake – http://tabooindeed.blogspot.com




2 comments:

S.Lira said...

TY so much for having me! :D

V.L. Locey said...

It`s been a pleasure! Thank you for visiting. =)