Monday, September 23, 2013

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt

Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales again. This week I`ll be sharing an excerpt from my new adult WIP (Work In Progress) Love of the Hunter, an M/M mythological romance. This week we`re writing to a picture prompt and the snippet must not be longer than 300 words. Since this is a rough draft there may be some mistakes. I do apologize for any boo-boo you may find.

In today`s excerpt – A tender moment between lovers.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!




As greatly as it saddens me, I do not allow my sister’s displeasure with my carnal tastes to dissuade me or make me leave Orion. I will never leave him. Each day we spend together, I love him more deeply. It takes his eyes three full moons to heal completely.

This day we have done well. Orion’s game bag is full. We now linger by a small trickling stream, having loved each other well amid tumbling leaves of crimson, orange, and safflower. His lips on my sweaty bicep make me roll my head to stare into eyes greener than any emerald.

“Will we ever tire of each other?” he asks, lying on his side to face me. I reach out to sweep a chestnut colored ringlet from his eye. Gazing at him makes me feel all-powerful and terribly weak simultaneously.

“Nay,” I say, running my fingertips around the edge of his ear, “We shall never tire of each other. We shall live and love each other until the stars fall from the sky.”

“You will see the stars falling, my love. I will not,” he reminds me, streams of dappled sunlight moving over his muscular chest and arms.

“Then we shall live and love each other until you pass from this realm. I will write sonnets about your beauty. Our love shall be remembered until the sun burns out.”

“Ah, you are truly the golden one. Even your tongue is gilded,” Orion teases. I laugh gently at his taunt, my head resting on my bent arm. I would lay here admiring him until we both were naught but dust.



Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*


As much as I hate to leave things dangling, I must. Apollo and Orion`s book is coming out in two months, and I simply cannot reveal anything more. I do hope that those of you who have been enjoying the excerpt`s will grab a copy of Love of the Hunter when it releases on November 13th. Out of all my mythological romances to date, Apollo and Orion`s may just be my favorite. I am so glad it found a home with Torquere Press.



Next week I`ll have something spiffy and shiny for you! It will be a new ghostly tale, just right for the upcoming season of Halloween, with the stars of The Foggy Creek Hellhound back for another spooky, sexy romp! Yep, Maggie Owens and Gerard Williams – my favorite paranormal investigators - are back to try to crack the case of Anastasia`s Locket, exclusively for Tuesday Tales!




Make sure you stop in to visit all the other great writers at




See you next week!




16 comments:

Tai Vicari said...

There love is so deep. It's a wonderful thing when you give yourself completely and it is given to you in return. Beautifully written.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Jean Joachim said...

That's some powerful love you describe so beautifully! Love this scene. Good luck with the book.

writerszenblog said...

Terrific way to use this weeks photo prompt in your story line.
Loved the scene!
Ahhh -- no more?? I shall have to wait until November then.
Congratulations!!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you both for stopping by and commenting, Jean and Trisha!

Kathleen Ball said...

so beautifully emotional

Lindsay said...

Great use of the prompt. Love the scene

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you Lindsay and Kathleen!

triciaandersen said...

Very beautiful! I really love the love they share. Great use of the word prompt!

V.L. Locey said...

It is a very special love, Tricia. Thanks for visiting!

morgan said...

Hi V.L.,
You have a wonderful way with words.

V.L. Locey said...

The Greek gods inspire me. Thank you for the kind words, Morgan.

Sarah said...

What a tender moment. Love this exchange.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you for dropping in, Sarah!

Iris B said...

Well done on how you included the picture prompt!

SherryGLoag said...

You brought the picture to life in this scene. Lovely.