Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chris T. Kat Is Here!


Please help me to welcome the talented and lovely author Chris T. Kat! Take it away, Chris!







A Day in the Writing Life of Chris T. Kat
Vickie, thank you very much for having me on your blog! Torquere Press published my new release Hunter's Hunt on September 18th.
Many writers write in the evening or stay up late into the night. I admire these writers! But... I just can't write in the evenings. Maybe it's because I'm too tired from working my day job, taking care of the kids and all the usual stuff or because I'm more of an early bird than a night owl, I don't know.
Mostly I write on the weekends or whenever I have a day off. How much I write varies and depends on when I could start or how often my family needs something from me during my writing time.
So, let's see how a usual Saturday works for me:
Between 7 and 7:30 I force myself out of my cozy bed and trudge down the stairs to check my glucose level, then make breakfast. My son will probably keep me company and tell me whatever floats through his little head (and that's a lot!) while he shadows me on each step and I'll try not to trip over him. Then it's feeding time for our two guinea pigs, Sam and Sky.

8 to 9: Breakfast with my family. My daughter will, as usual, show up at the last minute, throw herself against me and tell us how tired she still is. After a lot of chatting, I'll take a shower.

At around 9am I sit down at my laptop and write till around noon. Around 9.15 the guineas will probably squeak really loud because I forgot to bring them their tomatoes... What can I say; they get testy when I forget their favorite breakfast!

While I write the kids will come and go, tell me what they're playing, what they intend to do for the rest of the day, and ask me how long it'll take me to finish my book. My son will remind me that I still haven't finished the cross stitch picture I promised him and my daughter will push her brush into my hand with firm words not to pull so much again. I always tell her she could brush her hair herself but it never works. After braiding my daughter's hair, they'll usually leave me alone for a while. At least until they get hungry...

Hmm, I wonder how I ever get anything written at all!

Around noon the kids will tug at my shirt and ask when lunch will be ready. Sometimes it's my husband who wants to know if he should start setting the table (which is his polite cue of when was I going to make lunch?).

Some time between 12 and 2pm I've cooked, we ate, the dishes are done and I'm ready to collapse. If we don't have anything special planned, I'll write e-mails or guest posts or appear on Twitter for an hour.
Depending on the weather you'll find me either in the living room, chatting with my husband, doing some cross-stitch or reading. Sometimes I'll mow the lawn, which is so much easier now that I got a bigger one. :) Especially in the winter months the kids often decide it's time to apply make up to my face, get my hair brushed and transform me into a queen and they'll serve me. Hey, at least I get to be queen occasionally!
Between 6 and 7pm we have dinner and then begins the long and laborious task of convincing the kids to make themselves ready for bed...

Around 8pm my husband and I have finally some time for us, which we will spend—Hah! Did you think I'd tell you? ;-)




Buy links:

Blurb:
Wanted: one bear. Must be burly and hairy, and strong enough to paddle. Hunter Bell is on the prowl, and he knows just where to find his prey: at the Bear Trap, a gay leather bar he’s more than a little familiar with. So many men, so little time. He’s just about to pounce on his choice of the evening when a newcomer enters the bar, turning everyone’s head. Adrian Michaels is everything Hunter despises in a man. He’s lean and boyish looking, and he has the deepest dimples Hunter’s ever seen.
And yet there is an immediate attraction, one that neither man can deny. They’re both too astonished to do anything about this apparent interest in one another, and they waste their opportunity. Now it’s up to Hunter to forget about his stereotypical preference and go for the guy that’s just entered his dreams. If only he can admit to himself that Adrian’s what he really wants...

Excerpt:
It took a moment for the newcomer to absorb his surroundings and, when he did, he flinched. A few men chuckled upon discovering the baffled look on the guy's face, which proved that he indeed hadn't known about the nature of the Bear's Trap. Hunter watched him shift from one foot to the other while most men turned back and resumed their conversations. The new guy remained rooted to the spot, dripping water all over the floor, before he squared his shoulders and pushed through the mass of bodies. At last he reached the bar, where Hunter was still standing, for some unknown reason interested in this guy.

The newcomer waved at the bartender. "Is there a phone anywhere?"

"You don't have a cell phone?" another guy asked, perplexed.

The newcomer shot him a 'drop-dead' look, startling Hunter into a laugh. The new guy turned toward him with a quizzical look. Hunter was face-to-face with an irritated man, whose dark blue eyes were blazing.

"Bad day?" Hunter heard himself ask.

"Craptastic."

Hunter pulled his cell phone from his pocket and held it out to him. "You might better go to the back. Otherwise, you won't be able to understand anything."

Baffled, the other man took the phone. "Thank you, uh, what's your name?"

"Hunter." He held out his hand for the other man to shake.

"Last name or first name?"

"First."

"Thanks, Hunter. I'm Adrian."

"Hey, Adrian."

Adrian gestured with the phone toward the end of the bar and raised one delicate eyebrow. "This way?"

Hunter nodded and beckoned Adrian to go past him. Adrian only made it a few feet before one of the other men groped him, drawing out a surprised yelp from Adrian. He shoved the guy aside then proceeded farther into the back. On his way, he struggled with advances from more guys than Hunter could count. At some point, Adrian whirled around and, even from that distance Hunter could see the fast heaving of his chest, the free hand balled into a fist, and the stressed look on his face.

With a sigh, Hunter pushed away from the bar and strolled after Adrian. He caught up with him right when another man, a regular customer called Dean, made a pass at him.

"Hey, knock it off. He's with me, Dean."

"With you? Since when are you going for his type, Hunter?" Dean asked with a sneer.

Hunter shrugged while he sent a dark glower toward Dean, which caused the other man to drop his eyes and inspect the contents of his glass thoroughly. Hunter laid a hand on Adrian's shoulder and pushed him ahead. Adrian cast him a worried look but walked where Hunter steered him. After opening a door to a private room at the end, he ushered Adrian through and switched on the light.

"Go ahead."

Adrian clutched the cell phone in his hands, staring at Hunter with an apprehensive look. Hunter noticed that Adrian's eyes were of a dark, almost navy, blue. He swallowed. Even behind the glasses, Adrian's eyes seemed large and expressive. He had to concentrate on listening to Adrian's question. "Is this... is this some kind of leather bar?"

"Yeah. Never been in one before, have you?" Hunter asked.

"No. No offense and all, but I'm not very fond of it."

"Scared?"

"Yes."

"Need a bodyguard?"

Adrian eyed him before he obviously came to some kind of decision. "You free for bodyguard duty for maybe an hour?"

"Sure." Hunter grinned. "I won't even try to molest you."


Chris T. Kat
Chris T. Kat lives in the middle of Europe, where she shares a house with her husband of many years and their two children. She stumbled upon the M/M genre by luck and was swiftly drawn into it. She divides her time between work, her family—which includes chasing after escaping horses and lugging around huge instruments such as a harp—and writing. She enjoys a variety of genres, such as mystery/suspense, paranormal, and romance. If there's any spare time, she happily reads for hours, listens to audiobooks or does cross stitch.


Links:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ChrisTKat

No comments: