Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Catching My Breath



Holy cow, it`s been a little while since I had a moment to sit back, grab a cuppa and touch bases with you! Since Tuesday Tales is taking a hiatus this week, I thought I`d take a break and catch you guys and gals up.

So, how is everything? *Pours a mug full for visitors*

Things here have been just this side of hectic. Which I think puts affairs smack-dab into the middle of close to insanity. I am not about to complain, either, as most of the chaos is a good kind of chaos, if you know what I mean.

First off, we recently became cow owners again. Meet Mooka Rask, who is a huge fan of the Boston Mooins. 



(Hats off to Miss Yodeling for the Mooin`s witty) I take full responsibility for Mooka`s name, so if Tuukka has any issues, he can take it up with me. Yeah, I sound tough, but if the goalie for the Bruins showed up on my doorstep I`d be all sorts of apologetic.

Me-“But Mr. Rask, it was meant as a compliment. Please don`t use me for a puck!”

I bet he wouldn`t buy it. Neither did Mister who insists on calling Mooka Henrik.  Ah, the joy of fans for differing teams living in the same house.

In other less bovine news, Miss Yodeling is now a senior. How this happened I do not know but it has. We`re now starting to fill out college applications, visiting campuses, and trying to negotiate scholarship forms. This is a fun learning experience. Neither I nor her father has attended college, so this is a whole new world for us.

The goats are biding their time until the middle of October. Perseus is not happy about this, and thinks that serenading the girls all night will earn him a gold star. It is not. All it is doing is making the people inside the house say bad things about Perseus and his love songs. Also, I think he dislikes his cow roomie, but hey, if I had to pick who smelled worse . . .

The writing world is superbly super. Never, and I mean never, would I have thought my new career as an author would be this busy. There are times when I sit back, look at what I`ve accomplished in a couple years and smile. Then there are times – generally when I`m facing two rounds of edits on two different books due within a few days of each other – that I wonder what was wrong with my head. Once the edits and proofs are done I`m off on another fictional journey, so obviously I enjoy the madness.

September and October are going to be energetic months for yours truly. I`ll have three projects coming to fruition in two months.

On 9/18 my short story, Every Sunday at One, will be included in the Charity Sip Blitz anthology.



In October my new adult mythological romance Love of the Hunter is scheduled to release. I don`t have a definite date yet, but will add it above the cover image along the right as soon as I do.



On 10/30 my M/M shifter story An Erie Halloween releases! This is a delightful little tale about a magical world filled with shifters of all breeds that I think fans of the genre will enjoy. Perhaps I can even lure non-shifter fans into this delightfully mystical and romantic novella.





I could not be happier with how things are going, even if my vision gets a bit blurred and my fingers knot up on occasion. There is nothing I love more than being able to share love and laughter with people.

I remember hearing that ‘Life Begins at 50’ somewhere. It surely did, at least for this goatherder.




4 comments:

stefanides said...

I am so loving watching you and your success. It is so well-deserved and I get to read all those wonderful stories you write! Win-win in my book, no pun intended! ;-)

V.L. Locey said...

Oh you punny woman! All kidding aside, thanks so very much for your continued support, Michelle.

edenhills said...

I'm so glad for all the successes you are having with your writing career. I'm also a lot jealous, but I hope I'll be full time writing and farming too within the next year.

Congratulations on all your wonderful accomplishments (especially getting the girl to senior year)!

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks, Eden Hills. Truthfully, the books are wonderful, but getting the child to her senior year and seeing what a lovely young lady she has grown into . . . well, that`s the best sign of success any parent can achieve. =)