Monday, August 12, 2013

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt

Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales again. This week I`ll be sharing an excerpt from my new adult WIP (Work In Progress) Love of the Hunter, an M/M mythological romance. This week we`re writing to a picture prompt and the snippet must not be longer than 300 words. Since this is a rough draft there may be some mistakes. I do apologize for any boo-boo you may find.

In today`s excerpt Orion arrives at the eastern end of the world.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!



The cry comes again. I bound through the rounded arch then skid to a halt when I find two young men approaching. One is Kedalion, a servant of my half-brother, Hephaestus. The other, who Kedalion is leading by the hand, is much taller than the servant. He carries himself well. His eyes are bandaged with filthy strips of bloody material.

“This is not a safe place for you,” I quickly say. “Helios does not brook strangers near his home.”

Kedalion bows deeply. I glance up at the young man. His dark curly hair is damp and clinging to his regal cheekbones. He is well made but not yet into his manhood, although I suspect it would not be long before he fills out. His frame is large and made to carry muscle. I am impressed with his height. Not many can look a god in the eye.

“Oh glorious and golden Apollo, my master bid us come here to have the sun god heal Orion`s eyes.”

“My sibling is sadly mistaken if he thinks Helios will do any such favor for a mere human," I say.

“I am not a mere human,” the young male states his voice vibrating on the cusp of manliness, just as mine is. “I am Orion, a son of Poseidon. It is with his blood that I walked across the sea with Kedalion on my shoulders to find Helios.”

He does have regal bearing, and his height and width of shoulder speak of godly ichor in his veins I note.

“Tell me truthfully,” I growl at Hephaestus` servant, “Did this one who claims to be of godly descent walk upon the ocean surface?”

“Yes! I swear upon my life, golden son of Zeus!” Kedalion cries out.

“Then I shall go rouse the Titan, come.”






Copyright 2013 ©by V.L. Locey



*~*~*

Thanks for stopping in to visit! For more free reads by great authors follow the link back to the Tuesday Tales main blog.


See you next week!

14 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

Handsome and walking on water? Wow! My kind of guy. Love these characters.

V.L. Locey said...

Being a son of Poseidon has its benefits! Thanks for dropping in, Jean.

Sarah said...

Oooh, intriguing. I'm definitely curious where this goes!!

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks for dropping by, Sarah. Hopefully the arrival of Orion will make things less lonely for Apollo.

Tricia Andersen said...

Hmmm...I'm sensing we'll be seeing a lot more of Orion. I'm intrigued to read more...

V.L. Locey said...

Your senses are quite keen, Tricia! Thanks for coming by for a visit.

writerszenblog said...

Not my usual genre to read, but I enjoyed it. I'd read more!! Nice way to bring the ocean prompt into the story.

V.L. Locey said...

I always like hearing that people who don`t normally read a certain genre still find a story entertaining enough to keep reading!

Thanks so much, writerszenblog!

Iris B said...

Well done on how you included the pic prompt!

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks, Iris!

SherryGLoag said...

Always enjoy your writing. :-)

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you kindly, Sherry!

Stefan Ellery said...

good writing.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Stefan. =)