Thursday, July 18, 2013

I Am a Rocking Hobbit!

Oh yes I am!

You all know there are a few things that get me all sorts of excited. Any new Marvel movie, a New York Rangers game (if the Rangers win that makes it even better), a package of comics fresh from the comic shop, a new book, Daryl Dixon, writing, my hubby, and of course, rock music. I`ve been a rock fan since way, way back in the day and have been lucky enough to see quite a few great bands.

Tuesday night we three goatherders plus one (Miss Yodeling`s boyfriend) ventured off to see Mötley Crüe at a local outdoor venue.




I had seen these bad boys many years ago when they were touring the country during their Girls, Girls, Girls tour. I knew they kicked rump back then, but had they held up? A simple one word answer is HELL YES! Oh, that`s two words. Sorry, my brain is sort of sluggish. It used to be easier to be up late shouting and dancing all night. Nikki (who still looks just yummy), Vince, Tommy, and Mick haven`t let up one ounce! The show was a non-stop power ride through new and old songs.

The Kids-




The old folks (Please note that we older ones don`t care if our hat matches our shirt, we just don`t want sun in our eyes)-





The only downside was that being a resident of the Shire, my chances of viewing things was greatly hindered once the headliners hit the stage. Darn tall people with their long legs! But, aside from having to bounce up and down to take a picture – which turned out to be quite blurry because Madame Baggins here was, in fact, bouncing up and down – the night was a rousing success and the torch of classic rock appreciation has been passed.

If you squint you can see Nikki plucking his bass like the sexy son-of-a-gun that he is on the left of the stage while Vince was singing and Mick Mars was shredding.



Now that I`ve handed the love of great rock and roll to my child, and recuperated from the late night partying, I`m ready for more metal music!



Well, maybe in a couple more days I`ll be ready for more. 

2 comments:

Charlotte Crawley said...

Never too old for good rock and roll.

V.L. Locey said...

Amen, Charlotte!