Monday, June 17, 2013

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt

Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales again. This week I`ll be sharing an excerpt from my WIP (Work In Progress) Pink Pucks and Power Plays, an M/F romantic-comedy, starring my sassy, curvaceous society page reporter, Viviana Land, and defenseman for the Philadelphia Wildcats professional hockey team, Alain Lessard.

In today`s excerpt, we see just a bit of the aftermath of the break-up as Viviana gets by with a little help from her friends.

This week we`re writing to a picture prompt and the excerpt must not be longer than 300 words.

Since this is a rough draft there may be some mistakes. I do apologize for any boo-boo you may find.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!



“No, I don`t think so.” Liz crawled onto the stool beside me. “He is furious. Bert is pushing him pretty hard to . . .”
She paused at the hate-filled growl that rolled from me at the mention of Bert Anderson.

“Anderson called Alain, that shit-faced douche radish,” I snarled, staring at my coffee and turnover with unfettered abhorrence. “He told him who I was and what I was doing. I was going to go tell Alain the truth, you know? I had it all worked out as I drove down that lovely lane to his farm house. ” I looked at the sad young woman patting my arm. “I was going to run to Alain and confess how much I love him, and then tell Frank I was pulling out of the assignment. But Alain had already been told. He found the entire article and read it. I couldn`t begin to make him see anything besides my lies and – and betrayals.” I gasped as a sloppy sob bubbled out.

“Oh, poor Viv,” Liz drew me into her arms. “Poor, poor, Viviana,” she kept crooning. Normally I would have shied away, but I was so miserable even this gothic waif`s meaningless platitudes made me feel better. For a moment. Then I would recall Alain and me preparing something to eat or that we nearly made love right here on the counter.

“Personally, I think that bitch Bert Anderson needs his nuts kneaded with a pointy-toed boot,” Oscar interjected, “And I have just the boots, too.”

“Thanks,” I sniffled, pulling away from Liz. “Go tell Frank that I`ll be in before the end of the day.” I lifted my coffee mug carefully. “Either of you have any ideas where I can find Bert today?”


Copyright ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Thanks for stopping in to visit! For more free reads by great authors follow the link back to the Tuesday Tales main blog.


See you next week for from Viviana and Alain!



20 comments:

S.E said...

I hope Bert gets his.

SherryGLoag said...

In hiding would be my guess!! I do love reading your stories.

Iris B said...

Great continuation of the story! BUT I was hoping for tripping over the dog and Alain coming to kiss her sores better :-(
Can't wait for next week. Loving this story!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all for stopping in. =)

I hope Bert gets his AND someone else`s!

Jean Joachim said...

Glad I'm not Bert. But he has it coming and I hope we get to see him get his just desserts. Bastard! I loved this couple and can't wait until you bring them back together. I'm so sucked into this story. Wait, you ARE going to reunite them, aren't you? *bites fingernails.*

S. J. Qualls said...

Sounds like revenge, coming up.

S. J. Qualls said...

Is there something wrong with your blog? my little green circle goes around and around. It never fully loads. Your blog is the only one that does it. It's not full of bugs or something is it?

V.L. Locey said...

Time will tell if they get back together or not, Jean.

SJ, sorry to hear you`re having trouble with getting this blog to load. I don`t seem to be having any trouble with loading this page. If anyone else is they haven`t told me about it. Three of your comments have come through, so I`m not really sure what is happening on your end. *Scratches head in confusion*

Lindsay said...

I can't wait for Bert to get what's coming to him and I hope it's a hockey stick

Sarah said...

Ugh, Bert needs to pay for his ass-hattery. I do hope Alain is able to forgive Viv...

V.L. Locey said...

Agreed! Bert does need to told off, and I know just the woman to do it.

Cathy Brockman said...

Burt does need a boot! awesome job

Jillian said...

Great use of the picture prompt. I'm enjoying it!

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks for coming by Cathy and Jillian. Agreed, Bert does need a boot!

Rosalind Smith-Nazilli said...

You have a wonderful turn of phrase...

I like these two a lot..xx

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Rosalind. I`m very fond of them, and the whole Wildcats organization!

Tricia Andersen said...

I think Viv needs to take Oscar up on the pointy boots - and she needs to use them frequently on Bert! I can't wait to read more!

V.L. Locey said...

Pointy-toed boot, for the win!!

Thanks for stopping in,Tricia. =)

Davee said...

maybe Bert was jealous? or just trying to get ahead? i love your word usage and vivid descriptors. great TT

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks Davee. I have to suspect Bert was just being a jerk, but who knows about a man as low as him??