Monday, May 13, 2013

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt


Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales again. This week I`ll be sharing an excerpt from my WIP (Work In Progress) Pink Pucks and Power Plays, an M/F romantic-comedy, starring my sassy, curvaceous society page reporter, Viviana Land, and defenseman for the Philadelphia Wildcats professional hockey team, Alain Lessard.

In today`s excerpt, Alain and Viviana share an intimate evening on the farm he`s renting for the summer. Viviana`s secret is still safely hidden . . . for the moment.

This week we`re writing to a picture prompt and the excerpt must not be longer than 300 words.

Since this is a rough draft there may be some mistakes. I do apologize for any boo-boo you may find.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!




Dinner was delicious. The roast was moist and well-seasoned, the potatoes and carrots that had been cooked in the broth mouthwatering. Alain had made us a big root beer float which we were now sharing on a rustic swing on his front porch. It was too colloquial for words.

His four dogs were lazing by our feet. The chains that held the swing to the ceiling squeaked softly as we swung. My head was pillowed on his shoulder. Fireflies filled the front yard. Frogs could be heard in the distance. The light from the living room was softly muted through the sheers as it fell over us through the window.

“So why here?” I asked, spooning some vanilla ice cream into his mouth.

“Mmm, well,” he swallowed then pushed the swing gently, “It reminds me of where I grew up I suppose. The nearby town has red brick storefronts and pretty canopies over the windows, just like back home. Of course, the flags hanging outside your stores are not our flag, but the American one. It is nearly as nice as ours,” he teased, dropping a vanilla and root beer flavored kiss to my lips. “Also, the dogs do not do well in kennels for long periods. So, Bruno found this place for me. The rent, it is so cheap I had to ask the realtor several times to make sure I heard correct.”

“I bet it`s half of what I pay for my condo.” I stirred soda and ice cream languidly.

“I know it is half of what I pay in Philadelphia for a studio apartment,” he announced, his fingers toying with the bare skin where neck and shoulder met. “So, shall we discuss rent or find something more enjoyable to do?”

I opted for the more enjoyable and met his cold lips eagerly.

Copyright ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*

Thanks for stopping in to visit! For more free reads by great authors follow the link back to the Tuesday Tales main blog.


See you next week for more from Viviana and Alain!




17 comments:

Iris B said...

Nice setting, I could actually imagine myself being there ... and as for the "more enjoyable" - good choice ;-)

Jean Joachim said...

Great tantalizing bit! Love the growing tension between them and the sweetness they display, too. Setting the scene with frogs and fireflies I can feel it, I'm there. Beautifully written.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you both kindly, Iris and Jean.

There is something remarkably romantic about a night on a swing overlooking a farm. *Sighs*

Sarah said...

I would opt for the more enjoyable ideas myself. Wonderful little prompt. A sweet moment between them. :)

Rosalind Smith-Nazilli said...

Sound like just what I need.. I could "feel" the atmosphere there.

SherryGLoag said...

Wonderful scene that had me wondering where he came from and what he did.

V.L. Locey said...

It`s always fun to sprinkle the sweet scenes amid the spicy ones. Next week we go spicy hot!

calicoconnections said...

Good job setting the scene. I can almost taste the root beer float. Now I'm curious where he came from. And yes, the "more enjoyable" - Excellent!

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks, Calico! Seems everyone likes the 'more enjoyable' treat! ;)

Lindsay said...

Love the soft romance in the scene

Karen Cino said...

Love the porch swing. Your descriptions throughout the piece was picture perfect.

Davee said...

Now, I'm totally craving a root beer float. :) great post

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Great scene setting, very nicely done.

Stefan Ellery said...

I love the description in this excerpt

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks TT family! =)

triciaandersen said...

I love the sweet love scene - but I won't deny it. I'll be looking forward to the spicy one next week... :D

V.L. Locey said...

Yeah, I`m a fan of the spicy myself, Tricia. ;)