Monday, March 4, 2013

Tuesday Tales - Green

Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales again. This week I`ll be sharing an excerpt from my WIP (Work In Progress) All I Want for Christmas, a holiday themed M/M romantic comedy that was born from a previous picture prompt here on Tuesday Tales. This story is completed and is now in the first round of editing.


This week our word prompt is ‘Green’. Since this is a rough draft there may be some mistakes. I do apologize for any boo-boo you may find.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!

*~*~*






I`d just like to say bugger Ben Franklin for coming up with the ditty ‘Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.’ Bullshit. All it does is make a man run down, thereby making him too exhausted to perform well on the job, and since his brain is mush from sleep deprivation he is far from wise. Throwing the duvet aside I stared up at the skylight and enjoyed the stars twinkling above Cooper`s rustic homestead. Turning in at nine sounds good in theory, but in reality it sucks.

I now had my seven hours in, it was four o’clock in the freaking morning and I was wide awake. Cooper`s soft snores bounced off the logs. I was terribly overheated. Lofts are great ideas but all that heat coming up makes it feel like you`re sleeping beside a blast furnace. Sitting there like a frump I swore I would not concede to the tossing, turning, sweaty nights rest as having anything to do with the sinfully sensual man sleeping on his sofa. Nope. I had made up my mind. My guns had been stuck to. Yippee for me and my morals.

Tossing the thousand count sheet to the floor I got dressed in more of my host`s clothing. Like a thief I snuck down the stairs. I didn`t want to wake Cooper so fiddling in the kitchen was out, as was watching TV. With nothing else to do I pulled Coop`s boots back onto my feet, slid my arms into his parka, grabbed a pair of gloves from a basket beside the coat rack and stepped outside.

The cold air was brisk and made me shiver at first. I hugged myself and stepped down the few stairs to the path between house and studio. The moon was round and white. It really did give the luster of mid-day to objects below. I wondered why Cooper didn`t have a tall green Christmas tree yet. It wasn`t like he`d have to go far to get one. Maybe he didn`t observe that tradition.

I paced the walk a few times. I`ll be damned but for a man who had stuck to his moral convictions so nicely I was having one hell of a time coming to terms with my decision. Maybe I shouldn`t be such a straight-laced Annie all the time. Perhaps I should march inside, peel off my clothes and tell Cooper to use and abuse me like a Black & Decker.





Copyright ©by V.L. Locey



*~*~*



For more great free reads by talented writers just click the link below-

Tuesday Tales

See you next week with more from Alex and Cooper!



12 comments:

Fiona Druce said...

I'm on team "Peel of your clothes and give in to your wild side" :D

V.L. Locey said...

I`m on that team as well, Fiona!

triciaandersen said...

Wow - I love the chance to get to hear his inner thoughts and conflicts. It really shows the depth of his character. And I side with you guys on the "give in" thing.

Jean Joachim said...

I love the way you're building angst and frustration, so subtly but effectively. I feel it and I want to smack him in the head and tell him to do just what he wants to do at the end. Great story and character development.

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks TT family! That`s the one thing I love about writing in first person. You can really dig inside the characters thoughts and emotions.

Davee said...

"use and abuse me like a Black and Decker"...love it, great scene and descriptors. i felt the moral dilemma. :)

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks so much, Davee. Alex does have a way of turning a phrase.=)

Tai Vicari said...

I have to say I will have to find a way to use that saying "use and abuse me like a black and decker" I loved it. Alex has to come to grips with what he truly wants. He seems stuck on long term. We shall see.

An Open Book said...

I think we can all relate to the frustration you wrote about and I loved the way you weaved that emotion into the characters- nicely done

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks for stopping in ladies! Yeah, Alex and Cooper both have their hang-ups. Hopefully they can work past them!

Lindsay said...

Wonderful emotions shown here.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you very much, Lindsay.