Monday, February 18, 2013

Tuesday Tales - Spider

Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales again. This week I`ll be sharing an excerpt from my WIP (Work In Progress) All I Want for Christmas, a holiday themed M/M romantic comedy that was born from a previous picture prompt here on Tuesday Tales. This scene takes place before the package scene from last week. Sorry for going out of order, but I had to tug the snippet to coincide with the photo prompt. This story is completed and is now in the first round of editing.


For those who were wondering what was in the box Cooper gave Alex, it was a key. If you wish to know what the key unlocked you`ll have to grab a copy when the book comes out around Christmas. I know, I`m terribly wicked at times. Cooper and Alex met after Alex`s cat, Mr. Tibbets, walked on his master`s Ipad while Alex slept and ordered an outrageously priced oil painting from Cooper, who is a famous wildlife artist. Then came a blizzard, snow sentinels, sneezing cats, old women who knit undergarments and too many comedic situations to list. It turns into quite the holiday season for the artist and the senior center director!

This week our word prompt is ‘Spider’. Since this is a rough draft there may be some mistakes. I do apologize for any boo-boo you may find.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!








“Your pants are soaked. Give them here and I`ll toss them in the dryer,” Cooper said just the way my mother used to when I was a boy. I turned and peeled them off. “The shirt too,” he added stepping up behind me. I handed over the sodden Wranglers then tugged the fleece over my head. “I`m not trying to pry, but is that a spider on your ass?”

This is why a man should not let his mother buy him underwear. I threw my chin up and defied him to say another word. “Yes, it is. These are my lucky Spider-Man boxers. Now if you could stop gawking at my ass, some clothes would be appreciated.”

The man clamped his mouth shut then walked off chuckling. There was a second where I debated about defending Spidey but I said bugger that as well. Instead of arguing for web slingers on your underwear I removed a mug from the dishwasher, my goal a fresh cup of hot java to ease the pink in my cheeks.

“Here you go, your own clothes,” Cooper held my Darth Stewie sleepers and Toby Keith concert tee. I thanked him, placed my full mug to the island then slid my cold legs into the well-worn pajama bottoms.

I turned around to find Cooper enjoying my shirtless state. He took his time meeting my eyes. When he did a slow burn was taking place in his gaze.

“Where did you get this?” he asked, stepping close then running his finger over the scar across my right pectoral. The skin quivered. My nipple puckered tightly as he traced the line of pink flesh enticingly close to the sensitive nub.

“Skating accident,” I squeaked. He knew his touch was affecting me; I could tell by the way the corner of his goatee would twitch in amusement. He stopped, fingertip resting just below puckered nipple.

“I`m sorry, did you say ‘skating accident?’” he asked. I bobbed my head and used his shock to put some distance between him and I. Nonchalantly I threw a leg over a stool then pulled Toby on. Toby would protect me from Cooper`s powers of seduction. “Did someone skate over you as you lay shirtless and unconscious on the frozen pond?”

“No, Senor Sarcasm,” I took a loud slurp of my coffee. Coop snorted then sat down beside me, his mug of sugared black cradled between his skilled hands. “It`s a long story that you would find boring.”

“Oh, I beg to differ,” the snide bastard countered with a wry sideways glimpse. “I`m beginning to think nothing about you is boring.”



Copyright ©by V.L. Locey






*~*~*





For more great free reads by talented writers just click the link below-

Tuesday Tales

See you next week with more from Alex and Cooper!



14 comments:

Fiona Druce said...

LOL. I love the boxers. Absolutely awesome way to work in "spider". :D

Lindsay said...

Interesting.

Sherry Gloag said...

LOL Another inventive use of the 'spider' prompt :-) Well done. And I'm looking forward to more of this story too.

Sarah said...

Spidey boxers and Darth Stewie sleepers? Sounds like a few guys I know...lol. Great way to work in the prompt!!

Christina Cole said...

Very original way to use the "spider". Even though I'm not into the M/M genre, I always enjoy your writing style.

Kathleen Ball said...

LOL love the spider boxers!!

triciaandersen said...

I read "Spiderman boxers" and thought instantly of my "foster brother" (a guy my mom works with that she is constantly mothering) who proudly owns a pair of Elmo ones. Awesome story - I loved it!

V.L. Locey said...

Ha! I love the mental image of a grown man in Elmo boxers! Thanks for dropping in Tricia and Kathleen. =)

Tai Vicari said...

oddly, you describe my hubby's wardrobe. LOL. But we are comic geeks so I enjoyed this a lot.

V.L. Locey said...

I`m a comic geek as well, Tai, which explains why I thought of Peter Parker before anything else when seeing the word prompt for this week! =)

Iris B said...

I've got to agree with the others - great use of this week's prompt!

Jean Joachim said...

The build of sexual tension between them is palpable. I can almost touch it. Beautifully crafted. And yes, I loved your Spidey -- I did the same. Love this story.

Davee said...

I'm not finding much boring here either! ;)

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks all!