Monday, February 25, 2013

Tuesday Tales - Sand

Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales again. This week I`ll be sharing an excerpt from my WIP (Work In Progress) All I Want for Christmas, a holiday themed M/M romantic comedy that was born from a previous picture prompt here on Tuesday Tales. This story is completed and is now in the first round of editing.


This week our word prompt is ‘Sand’. Since this is a rough draft there may be some mistakes. I do apologize for any boo-boo you may find.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!



*~*~*





I stared at him over my steaming mug. “You`re such a damned contradiction of a man,” I admitted, at a total loss as to how to proceed. “I`ll be honest and say that you have got me spinning right round, baby, right round.”

“Yeah, I`m dizzy myself,” Coop confessed. “I`m not going to promise you anything that I can`t deliver, Alex. I would like nothing better than to take you upstairs and love you until I work off this clawing need I seem to have for you. If you`re willing to spend the night in my bed with no strings attached, then I`m more than happy to have you there. If you`re looking for more….”

“Thank you for your honesty,” I said. He inclined his head minutely and took another swallow of his hot chocolate. I turned from him to gaze out into the night. We drank together in silence while I mulled things over. He didn`t push and for that I was very grateful.

“Okay, so here`s what I`ve come up with,” I announced after what felt like ten minutes had passed. I inhaled deeply and turned to face Cooper. “Since we`re being honest I`m not going to pull punches,” I paused to give him time to say something. He remained silent so I rambled on. “I am very attracted to you. I mean, so attracted that I have been fighting with myself over what to do next. I`m not the decrepit old man that you are…”

“Touché,” he smiled sardonically and sipped his cocoa.

“.... But I`ve been around the block a time or two. I`m well aware of what it feels like to want someone, although I`ve never wanted a man as intensely as I do you. That being said,” I quickly sliced off whatever he was going to say, “I am also aware of who I am and what I need. I`m not a man that falls into bed without some sort of relationship in the works,” I explained, the steam from my hot chocolate wafting up to tickle my nose. “If I sleep with you I will hate myself in the morning,” I confessed then ran an appreciative eye over him. “I`m pretty sure sleeping with you would make the self-loathing almost worth it.”

“Almost, but not quite,” Coop said. I nodded. “Well,” he coughed, “At least you`re honest. I`d much rather spend the night alone than have a weeping Mary on my hands in the morning. I don`t do relationships, not anymore. I would like to see you again though. I find myself incredibly drawn to you.”

I had to stick my left hand under my armpit to stop myself from reaching for him. It would be so damned easy to let my body do the thinking. He was like the ocean and I the sand. Each look or word from him swept a few granules of my determination out to sea.

“I don`t see how that can work, I`m sorry.” I smiled weakly, handed him my half empty mug then turned to climb the stairs to the loft.

“It would if you relaxed a little and just tried to enjoy this attraction we have for each other. I`m willing to see where it will take us,” he called after me.

I shook my head. Not looking back was torture.



Copyright ©by V.L. Locey

*~*~*





For more great free reads by talented writers just click the link below-

Tuesday Tales

See you next week with more from Alex and Cooper!





14 comments:

SherryGLoag said...

ove the motion in this sccene and this line blew me away - *He was like the ocean and I the sand.*

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you, Sherry. I do love those emotional scenes between lovers.

Sarah said...

Oh, I love the tie of the ocean waves and sand...very poetic and a great representation of what he's feeling.

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks, Sarah.

Fiona Druce said...

Awwww... You wrote the emotion out well. :) *sniffle*

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks Fiona. =)

Lindsay said...

I'm in agreement with the way you worked the prompt into the scene.

Jean Joachim said...

I can feel the sexual and emotion tension. Beautifully crafted. Am enjoying this story but have a feeling they are both going to come a little closer to each other.

Iris B said...

Yes, I agree .... this is a great line: He was like the ocean and I the sand.

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks Lindsay, Jean, and Iris! I hope they come closer soon. My old romantic heart might not be able to take if if they don`t.

triciaandersen said...

The emotion is so strong, so pulling I just want to yell up the stairs, "Take a chance, would you?". Well done!

V.L. Locey said...

Thanks Trisha. Sometimes you do just want to yell at these characters, don`t you?! =)

Tai Vicari said...

You were incredible with the use of the prompt word. And there's hope Alex, that's all you need.

V.L. Locey said...

Aw, thanks Tai. I agree, there is always hope!