Monday, February 11, 2013

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt

Hello! It`s time for Tuesday Tales again. This week I`ll be sharing an excerpt from my WIP (Work In Progress) All I Want for Christmas, a holiday themed M/M romantic comedy that was born from a previous picture prompt here on Tuesday Tales. This novella is completed and is now in the first round of editing.


We have a picture prompt this week so the excerpt is written to reflect the image and must be under 300 words. Since this is a rough draft there may be some mistakes. I do apologize for any boo-boo you may find.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thanks for stopping in!

*~*~*







“You`ve been shuffling? Mister I-Don`t-Do-Emotions has been shuffling?” I asked incredulously. The heater came on and blew down on us. A dark lock dangling above his eye flittered in the heated wind. He tried to scowl but it was a weak attempt at best.

“I thought – Well, I thought I`d give you this,” he said, pulling a small red box from within his dapper coat. He extended it out to me cradled in his hands. I looked at the white bow then at Cooper then at the white bow again. “Just take it, okay Alex? Take it and when you get home open it - I mean - before your date open it. What happens after that is up to you.”

“This is crazy, I didn`t get you anything,” I fidgeted.

“Just take it, please?” he shoved the box at me. It settled in my palm with a sparrow’s weight. His fingers moved over my jaw as I tried to decide what to say next. “I really didn`t want this to be over, I just couldn`t see past the fear. Every time I walked past those stupid snow sentinels I had to face the fact that I was scared shitless of what you were making me feel,” he smiled rather quirkily then pressed a kiss to my lips. A short, gentle brush of mouth across mouth before he exited the men`s room silently.

There I stood, holding a red box in the middle of the senior center`s men`s room like a boob. Should I run after him? Should I throw the box away? Should I do the Macarena? I didn`t know what the hell to do or think or feel at the moment, so I did what seemed natural to do.



I lifted the top off the box.


*~*~*



For more great free reads by talented writers just click the link below-

Tuesday Tales

See you next week with more from Alex and Cooper!





9 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh how cruel! What is in the box?! Great little excerpt...I love it. :)

Jean Joachim said...

And now you're NOT going to tell us what was in the box??? Not nice! Love the build up in this story. Are you going to continue it? I hope so.

Sherry Gloag said...

The senior's men's shoe room? That was a surprise, and yes, you're a tease, what is in that box?! :-) Nice tale.

V.L. Locey said...

Yes, I`ll be sharing more of Alex & Cooper`s romance over the upcoming weeks. As for what was in the box....it was a key.

If you wish to know what the key unlocks you`ll have to purchase the book.

I know, I`m terribly wicked at times. ;(

Lindsay said...

Interesting where the scene took place.

Karen said...

Hey you leave us hanging with the box in his hand. Good job..

triciaandersen said...

I need to know what is in the box! Great cliffhanger - I can't wait to read next week!

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all most kindly. Yes, the senior center men`s room is an odd place for such a romantic encounter, but my characters seem to gravitate to unusual and humorous places for some reason! ;)

S.E said...

ha, you have to continue the story to let us know what happens.