Monday, January 14, 2013

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt

Welcome back! This week we`ll continue the story of The Silver Box.


Today we have a picture prompt and the story is written to reflect the image and must be 300 words. As these are original stories written in a week, some errors may be found. I do apologize for those in advance.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thank you for stopping in. May the gods smile upon you!



The Silver Box



*~*~*





It was a nice change of scenery.

Living in the mountains of Pennsylvania my feet don`t tread on sand often. Unless it`s at the swimming area at Lake Ironbottom.

I was taking a much needed break seated at the water line with the sea foam lapping over my toes. My arms dangled over my knees. I inhaled the smell of salt and seaweed.

All the while I was warming myself on the white sand I was thinking of the rolling mountains of my home state. There, tucked amid the majestic snow flocked pines, is a small stone cottage. Within that cottage is the man who holds my heart.

If I closed my eyes, I could almost imagine the smell of wood smoke tickling the cold winds as they rustle through the naked oak and beech. If I forced myself to block out the roar of the surf I could almost feel his breath on my neck in the middle of a cold, dark night.

I inhaled sadly and rose.

The sooner we found that silver box the sooner I`d be home in Ares` arms.

“Ready?” I asked my wing-woman. Harmonia bobbed her head and we walked towards the mouth of the sea nymph`s cave.



*~*~*



For more great free reads by talented writers just click the link below-

Tuesday Tales

See you next week for more of The Silver Box!













7 comments:

S. J. Qualls said...

300 words isn't many... well, next time!

SherryGLoag said...

Nicely done :-)

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Very nice use of the picture prompt, ties in well with the story.

Jean Joachim said...

Wonderful descriptions here. Beautifully written.

Lindsay said...

Love the imagery you created with words.

Cathy G. said...

Interesting scene with lots of color and intrigue!

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks!