Monday, December 17, 2012

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt




Welcome back! This week we`ll continue the story of The Silver Box.


Today we have a picture prompt and the story is written to reflect the image and must be 300 words. As these are original stories written in a week, some errors may be found. I do apologize for those in advance. Try not to let them boggle you down though if possible.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thank you for stopping in. May the gods smile upon you!



The Silver Box



*~*~*



I was seated in a cement pond envisioning my stone cabin surrounded with snow. Forgive my Clampett moment but this situation was worse than anything Granny had ever gotten into.

Four Amazons were splashing around in the tub - and I use the term tub loosely – with me. They had rubbed oil into my skin, scraped it off with a strigil, doused me with cold water and then hustled me into this sauna room. Now I was up to my chin in boiling hot water and flower petals.

I might die soon but I`d be clean when I did. The women did a fine job of preparing me for the battle to come. I did draw the line at the plucking of my pubic hair. Thank you kindly just the same.

A huge door was opened to my left by two eunuchs who forgot to get dressed this morning. (That`s how I knew they were eunuchs.) Harmonia entered. The girls in the tub with me genuflected. Harmonia told them something in Greek. I was then hustled from the stew pot and dried off with crunchy green fronds. It was quite invigorating and made my skin tingle.

“Otrere has allowed me to counsel you,” Harmonia said as a diaphanous shift was tugged over my wet head. I blew a damp curl out of my face. I was then armored with nimble fingers.

“Okay, any suggestions?” I asked, allowing the Amazonian attendants to fasten the scabbard containing my short sword around my waist.

“Aye, do not die.”

“Can you be more specific?”

She shook her head and handed me her shield, her lovely face tight with worry.

“Don`t worry, I`m plucky. I`ll whip her with ease,” I said as my oversized helm was plunked onto my head.

Even the eunuchs didn`t buy it.

*~*~*

Click below to go to Tuesday Tales


Tuesday Tales


We`ll be taking a holiday break the next two weeks but will be returning on January 8, 2013. Thank you all for your support and reading along. Your support and comments mean so much to me and are so very deeply appreciated. I love you all.



Happy holidays from all us here at Tuesday Tales! See you next year!













9 comments:

Jean Joachim said...

Love the idea of all the attention and bathing before battle. Nice!!

SherryGLoag said...

You always make me love, I love your writing style :-)

Davee said...

wow, I would much rather be in that snowy cabin than prepping for a battle. Love your word usage as usual.

Lindsay said...

Love this scene

Karen said...

I'd rather be in the snow too. Lovely description, again.

An Open Book said...

I agree with Jean. Bathing and attention from another is the perfect scene/dream

Dawne

V.L. Locey said...

Many thanks TT family!

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Loved the description in this scene. Very nicely done.

Kellie Kamryn said...

I'm late to chime in, but I loved this!