Friday, November 23, 2012

A Hopping, Romantic, Snippet, Memory Filled Four Days!



Morning gang! If you celebrate Thanksgiving I hope yours was stuffed with family, friends and love. Mine was that`s for sure. I think I`m still suffering from a carbohydrate hangover.


When I was a kid there was one way – and only one way – that I knew the Christmas season was truly upon us. It wasn`t all the stuff in the stores because when I was younger the Christmas decorations weren`t out in September, shocking as that may seem. The Christmas goodies weren`t brought out until after Thanksgiving back in the old days. Gasp!

Since the stores were being run by sensible managers back then the only way I had to know if the season of giving was here was to watch the Macy`s Thanksgiving Day parade. Yep. When I saw Santa coming down the lane waving and Ho-Ho-Hoing his heart out, I knew I had better be watching my P`s and Q`s or nary a gift would I see.



Speaking of gifts…..Nice segue huh? *winks*

This weekend I`m participating in a mini blog hop with some of my good friends from the Tuesday Tales family. Each author will be having gifts and special little fun things to share with you from Black Friday to Cyber Monday.

For those of you who stop in here and leave a comment your name will be tossed into the goat milk jar and one lucky winner will get a free autographed copy of the print version of ‘Of Gods & Goats’.



I know, right? How cool is that! Signed books make great gifts. Or our lucky winner can keep it all for themselves. If It were me I`d be hard pressed to give Ares away. *sighs dreamily*

So stop in and say howdy daily, the more comments you leave the more chances you`ll get to win that free book! Please check out all the other writers blogs as well as I know they`re giving away some great stuff as well.

JeanJoachim

T.c. Hightower

Jessica Sales

Kathleen Tighe Ball

Sherry Gloag


Tomorrow I`ll be linking up over at Storytime Trysts for the fourth and final part of my fall romance White Moon, Yellow Leaves. Sunday we`ll have a snippet from the second book in the Gods & Goats trilogy to whet your whistle, and Monday we`ll be chatting about my favorite childhood holiday treats and revealing the winner at eight PM eastern.



So drop in often and leave those comments!

5 comments:

Millie said...

What a wonderful gift idea! Since goats figure so prominently in the story, I wouldn't even eat this book!

SherryGLoag said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

LOL Millie, had to laugh at your comment.

V.L. Locey said...

You`re a funny goat, Millie!

Thanks, Sherry. We had a very nice day yesterday!

An Open Book said...

I remember when Christmas actually kicked off the day AFTER Thanksgiving and Santa arrived at the mall- not before Halloween

dawne.prochilo at yahoo.com

V.L. Locey said...

Those were the days Dawne! Thanks for dropping in, it`s a pleasure to meet you. =)