Monday, October 22, 2012

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt

Tuesday Tales


Today we`ll be carrying on with ‘The Foggy Creek Hellhound’ story. This is a PG-13 tale.

This week we have a picture prompt and the story is written to reflect the image and must be 300 words. As these are original stories written in a week, some errors may be found. I do apologize for those in advance. Try not to let them boggle you down though if possible.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thank you for stopping in!





The Foggy Creek Hellhound



*~*~*


Gerard and I cut through the town. Many of the houses were decorated for Halloween.

“I remember when I was a kid in McKeesport,” Gerard said, “There was this one house that always did all up for the holidays. Didn`t matter which holiday. Christmas, Easter, Bastille Day, the people were decoration junkies.”

I nodded and tried to relax. The thick Maine woods waited at the end of the lane.

“Halloween they went massive overboard. It was an old house, tan with dark shingles, and probably three floors. Real Addams Family feel. It had these huge urns out by the street with fake hands and head in them. The porch was always the done up with creepy mannequins. Scared the crap out of us when we were young but, fascinated us too….like, we just had to go there. Kind of like what I do now without the sexy partner.”

“Smooth talker.”

“I`m all about the smooth,” Gerard countered. “I must have been around seven when we decided to steal one of the dummies. I was Batman, because I was that cool even then. We snuck down to the old house. I was chosen to do the deed. I got my eye on this lady in white tied to the pillar.”

“Your mother must have been so proud.”

“Oh yeah, if we`d have been caught I wouldn`t have sat down to eat for a week. I nearly had her free when the dummy said ‘What the hell do you think you`re doing?!’ I just about broke my neck trying to get away. My friends were laughing their asses off. I ran and didn`t stop until I hit my front door five blocks away.”

We laughed then the merriment died away.

“You go first,” I quickly said and shoved him into the woods.


*~*~*


Click below to go to Tuesday Tales


http://tuesdaytales1.blogspot.com/


See you next Tuesday for the conclusion of ‘The Foggy Creek Hellhound’!













10 comments:

S. J. Qualls said...

LOL! We used to have a head with a motion sensor. Scared quite a few people with that. Then we took it into the house and drove the dog and cat nuts with it! Good times!

Jean said...

Love this, Vicki! Funny, sexy and sweet at the same time. Great take on this pic.

Michele Stefanides said...

You bring tears to my eyes! ;-) I can just picture little Gerard about ready to wet his pants!

V.L. Locey said...

I think there was one really spooky house in every neighborhood that just scared the kids to bits!

Carolyn Gibbs said...

That was very good. Every neighborhood has a house that scares the kids.

Karen said...

This piece reminds me of the house when I was a kid.The one we would never pass if we were alone.

Sherry Gloag said...

very visual, felt I was right there :-)

Lindsay said...

That reminded me of some of the mischief I did on Halloween when I was younger

V.L. Locey said...

Oh the things kids do on Halloween and Mischief night. So I hear....

Cathy G. said...

Great scene! I loved the dummy scaring the kid off. We had a house in the neighborhood with all the creepy decor on the lawn, the porch, and in the trees out front. My son loved it. He said the owner came out dressed like a ghoul and held a real machete when he gave out the treats. Yikes!