Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday Tales - Picture Prompt

Tuesday Tales


Today in our tale, Libby shares a special evening spent with Ares. This week we have a picture prompt and the tale is written to reflect the image and must be 300 words. As these are original stories written in a week, some errors may be found. I do apologize for those in advance. Try not to let them boggle you down though if possible.

Please do check out the other wonderful writers after you`re done reading by clicking on the Tuesday Tales link at the bottom. Thank you for stopping in. May the gods smile upon you!



*~*~*


Cheers








The light of Artemis flowed over us in the hay mow. Soft bleats came from the goats below. Ares reached over me, his arm brushing my ear. I snuggled closer, the unfettered hay beneath a soft, fragrant blanket. He was warm from head to toe. My leg slid between his.



“`Twas it better this time than the first?” he asked, two flutes of golden bubbles in one hand.



“`Twas indeed,” I sighed, wiggling up to rest my bare back to round bale. The stem was cool in my overheated palm. Chaff tickled my bare breasts.



“Why?” he asked, his eyes aglow like apatites.



“Because I love you more now than I did when we first loved each other,” I smiled into the bubbles.



He made a sound of agreement and tapped the edge of his glass to mine.



“A man could want no better toast,” he murmured, drank rapidly then tossed the flute aside. “Come to me, my wee fiery bunting.”



I went like a scarlet bird on wing.





*~*~*



Click below to go to Tuesday Tales



http://tuesdaytales1.blogspot.com/



See you next Tuesday with another new tale!















9 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

So sweet. Area can be quite tender for a god of war.

Karen said...

Lovely scene. I am enjoying the relationship between these characters.

Jean said...

"Come to me my wee fiery bunting" -- fabulous!! I love your writing, Vicki and this scene is sweet and evocative.

Davee said...

These two share intense passion and you caputured it well for the reader. Nice post.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you all kindly. I adore these two characters from my novels. It is a joy to be able to write them outside of the confines of the books. Tuesday Tales rocks!

J.P. Grider said...

This was a great scene. I enjoyed their after-sex banter.

Carolyn Gibbs said...

A very good scene. Love the exchange between the two.

V.L. Locey said...

Thank you kindly, Carolyn!

Sherry Gloag said...

A lovely intimate scene between them.