Friday, September 28, 2012

Old Age Doesn`t Come Alone





A dear friend of mine passed those sage words along to me not long ago.




Boy was she right! I have noticed that there are things in my house that were not there fifteen years ago. They appeared slowly, one by one, and so I never noticed them until those words from my friend popped up the other day. I was making the bed and it hit me.



Old age surely does not come alone; it has brought these things with it so far—






Mister now sleeps with a pillow between his legs to ease an aching hip.







I sleep on a wedge to help my GRD.







I now wear these to help with an arm-length problem I was having.






Yep, purple pills to cut down that stomach acid.







A corn heating pad to be placed on Mister`s aching hip as needed.







Because regular coffee fires up my reflux and keeps Mister and me up past ten.







Daily just as a precaution for something I didn`t think I needed to precaution for when I was twenty.







For those who are now worried about blood pressure.







To keep middle-aged colons happy.







For those of us suffering from CRS.







I`m sure there are lots more but I can`t seem to remember what they are….













8 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

My MIL told me that years ago! I am not suffering the old-age companions well. They greatly inhibit my instincts to do what I want, when I want, where I want, and how much I want. Son of a nutcracker!!

S. J. Qualls said...

So true, so true. I don't want to burst your bubble... but you ain't seen nothin' yet!

TexWisGirl said...

too funny. :) i like sharon's comment, too.

Millie said...

Yes, this old goat is feeling it too.

V.L. Locey said...

Ha! Sharon, I`m sure you`re right!

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Hee hee. I've seen some of those things in my lady's house!

Texan said...

Honeyman and I are right there with you and Mister with our own little things. I guess its either laugh or cry and I guess laughing is better ROFL

V.L. Locey said...

Laughing is much better than crying. =)