Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hillside Farm KORN News Report

Good morning gang, drop on down and have a fresh cuppa!






I don`t know how many of you remember Charlie Farquharson from the ‘Hee Haw’ series, but I sort of feel like him today. Granted, there`s no chicken sitting behind my desk *Peeks around kitchen* No, we`re good at the moment, but there was a robin here just a minute ago. Mister, who has the day off due to a very tragic occurrence at the foundry where he works yesterday, found a fledgling robin wrapped up in some twine. We snipped the twine from his leg and let him go. How Lucius didn`t stumble upon the poor thing I will never know!

Mister is now down working on the addition to the goat barn. I have a few pictures of our new milking parlor to share. This is how it looked two weeks ago....





Some of the carpenter assistants during thier lunch break...


More help....

And yet more help...



And this is where we are today...


An interior shot...



It`s coming along very nicely. There`s still lots of work to do inside but once everything is situated we`ll have running water to cool down the milk, a sink to sit the tote in and lots of storage space for grain. That will save Mister some back strain, as he now has to carry hundred-pound feed bags from the shed down to the goat barn.

We`ve separated the kids from their mothers. The hills are alive with unhappy Nubians. Some have gone hoarse and after two days, I`m kind of glad to hear it. I know, that sounds very cruel, but in all honesty over fifteen Nubian mothers and kids shrieking from sunrise to sunset starts to get a wee bit tiresome. Another day or two and all will be accepted I`m sure.

On other fronts, Miss is becoming quite the good little driver! I now have a chauffeur when we go anywhere. That is real nice. She`s also getting ready for the end of school on June 14th and the new job she has for over the summer. She`ll be helping my editor and her sister with household cleaning and whatever else they need done. Miss is very excited to have a job, and some money, and Mister and I are thrilled to know she`ll be paying her own cell phone bill and forking over the cash for those downloads from Rhapsody!

I`ve been busy promoting ‘Of Gods & Goats’ and getting the second novel ready to be passed to Beta readers while writing the third novel in the trilogy. The first book is getting some wonderful reviews and I`m just as tickled as a hog in slop about the four and five stars over on GoodReads! Anyone who wishes can purchase their copy from my website, which is linked over on the right or from Smashwords for their eReader.

Let`s see, what else is there to pass along? *Sips java and contemplates* Not much else to pass along I guess. Life on the hillside farm seems to be pretty quiet. Guess I`ll ramble off, mug in hand, and catch up with what`s new with all my fellow bloggers! Oh! Before I forget, a big yodel of welcome to Gloria Clarke! Howdy Gloria, welcome to the hillside farm.



Have a good one!





7 comments:

Texan said...

Sounds and looks like you guys are busy busy over there!

TexWisGirl said...

congrats on the book! and books! :)

thanks for the hee haw memory! grew up on that show every saturday at 6:00.

sorry to hear about the tragedy at your husband's work.

Jim said...

Hey Vicki! Thanks for dropping by today!
That new 'goat setup' looks great and the mister will be grateful I am sure!
I never thought that the mother and kids would have to be separated. But then again, why would I? Makes sense though.
I have started your book....it's summer and lots to do. Not much reading time. Good to hear the great reviews! Congrats!

Nancy Claeys said...

Love the new addition! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Happy about your book success. I bet the popularity of Game of Thrones on HBO is not hurting you any!

S. J. Q. said...

Goat station looks great - it's all that "help" isn't it? ;-)

V.L. Locey said...

The new milking parlor is a vast improvement over the old one we used!

Willard said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog and reading about life on the hillside farm. I remember "Charlie" well as we used to watch Hee Haw a lot.

I am glad you have your book available as an e-book as I have gotten hooked on the Kindle as it eliminates a lot of clutter and also it is a good way to carry plenty of reading material on a trip or along with me in the mornings and evenings when I am on watch for wildlife to appear.

I just got the book and downloaded to the kindle and will read it when I finish reading the book I am currently on.