Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pokey Socks & Yellow Letters

Hello gang, come on in. I`ll put a fresh pot on, I need it.

I didn`t get enough sleep last night at all! I knew that would happen as soon as I opened up the latest book, ‘Lover Reborn’, from J.R. Ward yesterday. Those novels are addictive!!

So, besides my being up late with Tohrment (Not complaining one bit mind you) I shuffled out of bed this morning, hit the zombie eradicating juice and did some online stuff. After the coffee was gone, I tugged on my clothes and dragged my butt up the hill to do bird chores. Halfway up, I felt something pokey in my sock. Don`t you just hate that? I limped and gimped through all the bird coops, telling my helping hand dog, Trinity, that I have something pokey in my sock. What I thought the dog could do for me I don`t know, but it`s always nice to have someone to whine to. I`ve had that darn sock off ten times this morning looking for the darned poker and have yet to find it! I`m betting it`s one of those invisible hay slivers. Darn thing, poking my foot while I`m suffering a literary hang-over!How dare it?!

Yesterday (See I`m going backwards now just to confuse y`all. Actually, if my brain was working right I`d have put this section first but I didn`t and I`m too sleepy to try to fix it. Just hang in there friends, this rambling post will be over soon) I got this pretty yellow letter in the mail.






Yep, a summons to tell me that I will be on-call for jury duty in the federal court in Williamsport for the month of May, the whole month of May! This could be interesting to say the least. Aside from the fact that the timing couldn`t be worse (I have a book debuting in April and need to promote the heck out of it all summer) the possible drive to Williamsport every day, or being sequestered, I`m more than willing to do my civic duty. I just wish it would be closer. *sighs* Ah well, such is life right?


Some days you get yellow letters, the next day you have pokey socks…..

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you made me laugh! you know, they say things come in threes... keep your head down...

small farm girl said...

Hate pokey socks!!!! Pokey pants are just as bad. See if you can get out of the jury duty. A lot of people do.

Sharon said...

I am so glad I don't have jury duty anymore. Not that I didn't like my civic duty, I just worried I would run out of o2 during a trial. I served on the Grand Jury and also criminal trials.

Now, the pokey thing... it's still in there? Put sock on, feel the poke, mark the poke with small dot of marker and get out your magnifying glass. You'll find it - after you take off the sock, of course.

Nancy Claeys said...

Pokey socks -- I had one of those yesterday. Mucho annoying! Lol. :)

V.L. Locey said...

I never did find that darn poker in my sock! Dumb thing anyways....