Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Just When You Think.....

…..You know your husband, he surprises you!

Honestly, I thought I knew Mister Yodeling pretty well. I mean, after twenty years of wedded bliss nothing he does should surprise me, right? Wrong. Yesterday the man I love pulled a grand surprise off that literally left me in tears. Let me explain…

Yesterday afternoon Mister got home from work late. I knew he was going to stop up to Andrews Well Drilling to pick up a part for a friend of his, so, I didn`t think anything of him coming in about thirty minute late. As usual there is the barking of dogs to signal the master has returned accompanied by great theatrics, leaping, braying and general madness. Once the three official greeters are let out I wait by the door to take Mister`s lunchbox from Trinity, the black lab, who carries the lunch-pail in every day. She loves to help.

After getting the lunchbox from the dog I begin to unpack it while Mister greets the other two hounds, then makes his way inside. In he came yesterday with this….





What could be inside I wondered? We were already up to thirty-four chicks in the house, so please don`t let it be that I thought. Well, I tentatively opened the box and these adorable little things peeked out at me….






And, like some silly school-girl I started to cry. This was not the reaction Mister was expecting I`m sure! It just touched me so that he brought home five ducklings for me so that I could replace the ducks I had lost to predators last year. He knows I love my ducks and geese, and for him to bring me those fluffy widdle puddleducks home, well, it did me in. Sure, some women might tear up over a diamond ring or a new fur coat but if you want to make MY old heart swell, and get a big hug and not just a few kisses, hand me a box of Pekin ducklings.

Yep, just when I thought the man couldn`t move me to tears and make me love him more than I already did, he hands me a box of ducklings and makes me fall in love with him all over again.


*~*~*

And a yodel of welcome to Rose! Thanks for dropping in and visiting the hillside farm! Grab a cuppa and sit a spell. =)

12 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

Definitely a tear-jerker. How sweet!

TexWisGirl said...

what a sweetie!

(and i love that your lab carries in the lunch box!)

HilyBee said...

Aw! Such a sweetheart! Those are the cutest ducklings!

V.L. Locey said...

He is a keeper! =)

Jim said...

AW-w-w-w!!! How sweet is this?! Goes to show ya! I don't know what it shows but I just had to say that! lol

Love the 'picture' of black lab carrying in lunch box!

Texan said...

AWWWW now that is just so sweet!!! Yep you better keep that one! Okay keep the lab too that carries the lunch box ROFL

Carol............. said...

Hmmmm...sound romantic to me!

Neesa Technologies Ltd said...

the cutest ducklings! Thanks for sharing.

php web development

Charlotte said...

Such a bright yellow. They are too cute. Such a sweet husband.

small farm girl said...

Aaaawwwwwww! You have you a good man right there.

V.L. Locey said...

Yeah, he`s a real sweetie! And so are the puddle ducks!

Nancy Claeys said...

That's my kinda gift! I love my ducks and I'm so happy you will have them again! :)