Wednesday, February 22, 2012

She`s Alive!!!




Kind of scary how much that bride looks like I do before the coffee hits my bloodstream!

Come on in, kick off your boots and grab a cup gang!

I can use a nice round of shoot-the-bull over some coffee. I`m about whipped! Life here on the hillside farm has kept me hopping over the past few weeks. And kidding season isn`t even here yet! Hopefully all the folderol with the book will be over before the kids start arriving. *Crosses fingers, toes, and eyes*

Everything here is running pretty smoothly. Let me see, what`s new? Well, not a whole hell of a lot to be honest. We`re getting ready for Miss Yodeling to turn sixteen on the 29th of this month. Yep, she`s a leap year baby which makes her four. A very mature four, but, four just the same! I still need to do some shopping for the sweet sixteen Miss. Maybe Friday I`ll just shoot over to Wal-Mart and birthday shop then buy some food. One foul swoop is how I like to shop.

Mister has three days off this week for inventory, which pleases him greatly! As I type he`s already let out to go cut wood. My husband is not a man to sit around, even when he has time off. Not like me who is more than happy to be reading or sitting in front of the laptop writing! Speaking of reading, I`m almost done with my annual reread of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. That`s why I haven`t had any book reviews lately. Once I`m done with my beloved Brothers, then I`m diving into some new reads that are calling to me, and we`ll have some book reviews to chat about. I do have a novel a good friend of mine gave me to beta read first though. I`ve been very fortunate of late and have had a few darned good writers send me their work to read. It`s very nice to know that they find my opinions valuable, and, I get to read some great tales as well! A win-win!

Wheatley the turkey poult is getting big. Pretty soon he`ll be old enough to be outside without any light. I was going to take a picture of the little turd-bird but my rechargeable camera battery was dead. Figures. I`ll grab a few images and share them with y`all later, cross my heart. Speaking of bras…nice segue there, huh? Last week I went bra shopping. Ugh. You know, if my boobs weren`t as big as they are I would be all het up about buying bras. Some of them out there are so cute! Heck, a few of the smaller sizes are available for four or five bucks! For me, I have to shell out twenty bucks for one bra. There are days I have thoughts of tossing them all into the burn barrel, but then I realize that ain`t never going to happen. I guess I`m too self-conscious to go bra-less in public. I shudder to think of what the price-check boys in the supermarket would think!

Okay, now that my little side-trip to Brassiere-Land is done, onward with more stuff! Oh! I wanted to share this link with you guys and gals. It`s to my Pinterest page (I have just recently discovered this site and I think I already need an intervention) where I`ve put together a character/storyboard for ‘Of Gods & Goats’! I had a blast! I do admit Ares gave me some trouble, but I stuck it out…doggedly forcing myself to look at page after page of handsome, burly men. The suffering we do for our craft. *Sighs dramatically then giggles*

Vicki Locey (V.L. Locey)Pinterest Boards

I`m in the process of having a good friend of mine build me a website. It`s coming along really well and looks fabu but it also requires me to write all sorts of stuff, like character bios and synopsis` and how the book came to be, those sorts of things. So my writing time has been gobbled up by all the website work. Once it`s done I will link my blogging buddies up and y`all can have a gander.

You were waiting for another left turn about geese, weren`t you? I don`t have any goose tales to tell, unless you count what I did to Mister this morning. Yeah, I best stop before I blow my PG-13 rating for good! I`m off to catch up on what you guys and gals have been up, then I have to pen a process article for the website. Hope the day smiles upon you and yours!

7 comments:

Nezzy said...

Girl ya sure know how to pack a post!!!

I've gotta confess, the you before coffee kinds scared the bejebbers outta me. Heehehehe!!!

I don't drink coffee or any other caffeine drinks...I'm already too dang spastic for my own good!

Sounds like the book is goin' smooth! I can't wait!!!

Bras...heck, I'll say it again, underware in the Ozarks is optional! :o)

God bless ya sweetie and have yourself an amazin' day!!! :o)

TexWisGirl said...

no matter what size my chest has been, i HATE bra shopping...

Country Dreaming said...

Very funny post!
Have fun shopping for Miss 16!
I remember being that age sooooooo
long ago.
Bras---that's a whole other topic.
Yuck!

Have a good one.

melinda

Nancy Claeys said...

Sounds like you are busy but loving it, Vickey. I'm so happy about your book. That's awesome!

Bra shopping is about as exciting as going to the dentist. ;) Have a great weekend!

Charlotte said...

Good luck with the web-site. I must have coffee first thing in the morning also.

V.L. Locey said...

Isn`t bra shopping a drag!?

Sall's Country Life said...

Happy birthday to your leap year baby! Sweet sixteen huh? Good luck to you parents! Don't envy you there, I remember those days all too well! I laughed at Nezzy's comment about underwear being optional in the Ozarks! That holds true for the prairie also! Good luck with the website, it sounds very exciting!