Friday, February 10, 2012

Exciting Book News!

Howdy gang! I am all atwitter! I can now tell y`all that my rural romantic/comedy, 'Of Gods & Goats' will be available on April 6, 2012 in both print and ebook! No worries, before the release date I`ll link everyone up to where they can purchase thier chosen form of godly and goaty reading material.

I`ve also gotten two online interviews set up, which I`ll link here when they occur, as well as my author event planned at my beloved local indie bookstore. Once the date is locked in tight with the bookstore, I`ll pass that along as well.

To celebrate, I wanted to share the cover of the book as well as a snippet, just to whet your whistle! And really, who wants a dry whistler, right?



And now, that snippet from 'Of Gods & Goats' -


“Thank you,” I said again. His fingers were tugging at the cover as he balled his fingers into a fist that could drop Godzilla. “I have some questions,” I added and pulled slightly to keep my chest covered. Not that he hadn`t seen all I had to show already but, you know, a woman has to have some modesty, right?

“I would be surprised if you did not,” he responded tightly. “Ask and I shall attempt to answer your queries, but first you must eat. Would you wish for me to feed you?”

I blinked at him for a moment in surprise then shook my head.

”No, I think I can manage to chew but thanks,” I muttered then looked down at where his arm was stretched across my stomach. “If you move that I can sit up and eat,” I pointed while Argus rose up on his back feet to check out the milk pitcher with very greedy feline eyes. Ares and I both lunged for the glass container at the same time as my cat reached up to dunk his paw into it. Ares` hand slapped down over mine on the handle as I rolled into his side. And then we sat there like a couple of drunken toads on a log.

I could see so much in his eyes in that moment: Hope and despair and fear and strength, eons of misery and laughter, anger and pleasure. All of that was there, and yet something was missing. I felt my blanket slipping downward but I couldn`t do a damned thing to stop it. I was too wrapped up in those godly eyes of his to care.

“You are a very special woman, Libby Simons,” he grunted as if the admission had cost him dearly. I made some sort of goofy sound then leaned forward slightly. I will swear on a stack of the Iliad or whatever it is Greek gods swear on, that my gesture was to make sure the pitcher didn`t hit the floor. I would swear and then I would be tossed into the Olympic jail for perjury. The real reason I drifted closer to him was because he was moving towards me and I really, really, REALLY wanted to taste his lips.

8 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

I can't wait!!! Can I feature you on my blog??? Review, excerpt, interview? I forsee a week of gods and goats in my future!

Sharon said...

How exciting! That's a lot sooner than I thought it would be, had heard it took years...

HilyBee said...

So exciting!! :D

V.L. Locey said...

You betcha Michele! I`d be thrilled to do any or all of the above!

Since I`m self-publishing, Sharon, it doesn`t take nearly as long as traditional publishing, where your manuscript can sit, unread on a desk, for months and months.

V.L. Locey said...

Hi Hily! I`m quite excited about our interview as well!

Nezzy said...

OK...I'm hooked!!!

Congratulations on the book, sounds like your headed for grand success!!!

Woohoo.....

God bless ya and have a fantabulous day!!!

TexWisGirl said...

congratulations!!!

small farm girl said...

Yea!!!!! Can't wait!