Friday, December 23, 2011

Mister Makes Cookies






Hey gang! Man, I`ve missed my blog and all my blogging` buddies! *Big hug*

Life here on the goat farm has just been coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs crazy over the past week. Between taking my MIL to her physical therapy appointments twice a week (She is doing great after her knee replacement surgery!), Christmas shopping, wrapping, school events, cookie making and now the last round of edits on ‘Of Gods & Goats’, I haven`t had time to wind my watch!

Speaking of cookies, we had a rather funny thing happen here the night before last. At least, I found it funny, Mister on the other hand…..

It started after dinner when Mister came back from tending to his mother`s coal stove for the night. He wanted to make cookies. Miss Yodeling had made a batch for her friends the previous night, and I guess he got in the mood for peanut butter No-Bakes. Since none came home from the high school, it was either make more or go without! So he opted to try his hand at cookie making.

I had already done the dinner dishes and informed him that I didn`t mind if he made cookies, as long as he cleaned up afterwards. I figure three sink-loads of dishes in one day is enough, right ladies? He agreed and so I tottered off and went back to play some X-Box. (That darn Skyrim is SO addictive!)

Mister turned the TV on, the hunting channel as usual. How many times can you watch a man shoot a deer before it becomes a tad repetitive? Must be a guy thing. Anydoodles, he could be heard out in the kitchen, gathering his ingredients of Quaker Minute Oats, vanilla, peanut butter, Crisco and milk. Out came the wax paper and several sheets were ripped off. After a small search for my measuring cups that I had to assist in, he was good to go!

Miss and I could hear him stirring and stirring, melting the Crisco and sugar and then adding his other ingredients. He was really enjoying himself! Those No-Bakes are a real breeze and within a couple of minutes, he had them all spooned out and cooling on his sheets of wax paper. He gave us a thumbs-up as he passed Miss and I in her room, then out he went to stoke up our wood stove for the night.

I returned to my game, and dragon killing, and Miss got back to her whatever it is she does on her laptop nightly. Chatting I`m sure. Mister came back inside and started up the hall. It was then that a bellow filled the house as he charged into the kitchen, madder than a wet hen. Two cats flew past the doorway to Miss Yodeling`s room like Lucifer himself were on their bushy tails.

I looked over at my daughter. She looked at me, and we exchanged a smile. Must be Lu-Lu and Lucius thought some peanut butter No-Bakes sounded really good too! The dogs got the cookies that the cats had nibbled on.


Hmmm, I wonder if the dogs didn`t put the cats up to it?!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

That's too funny! I can almost picture the kitchen chaos. I hope the cats left plenty of cookies for you all to enjoy.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

That's the beautiful thing about blogs.....when you come back your friends are right where you left them! :)

Happy Season!
~Mimi

V.L. Locey said...

We do have a few left to munch on. Very true, Mimi!

Happy season to all!

Country Dreaming said...

Way too funny.Can't put anything past the animals can you!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Melinda

icedgurl said...

trekking your superb blog! keep blogging and inspiring people! happy holidays!

cheers!
...TREK...

V.L. Locey said...

Happy holidays to all! Thanks for trekking through icedgurl!

Willard said...

A very funny story. Merry Christmas!

small farm girl said...

Your cats had better watch it. Mr Yodeler has been watching the hunting channel. lol. Merry Christmas!