Friday, October 28, 2011

First Snow & NaNoWriMo

Good Friday morning gang, drop on down and I`ll grab some mugs.


I hope the past week has smiled down upon you and yours! It`s been a long, tiring week for Mister and I. He`s been on ten hour shifts and rolling out at four in the morning is starting to wear him down, and me as well. Thank goodness the weekend is coming, we can both use some rest! Not that there`ll be much resting, I`m sure. He`ll be up to go hunting and I`m already slated to run my child hither and yon (Which is just on the other side of the Marsh rumor has it) in order to help her with her chorus fundraising.

So this is a warning in advance for family members who read along. Be prepared for the puppy eyes from your niece when we show up! This fundraiser will pay for an overnight trip to Washington D.C. for the kids. Mister asked what going to D.C. had to do with chorus when he saw the booklets. We got the usual teenaged shrug from my child so I suggested that perhaps they would sing ‘Yankee Doodle Dandy’?

What else? Well, as the header says NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is about to descend upon we writers.

NaNoWriMo

This event is run by the Office of Lights and Letters and encourages writers to pen a novel in thirty days, the goal being 50,000 words by the end of November. I have once again signed up to participate and plan to use this year’s event to get a large portion of the second novel in my ‘Gods & Goats’ series done. So, if anyone out there is also participating, give me a holler! I admit I`m really keyed up to start the second book, there`s just SO much to cover and so many fun things I have planned for y`all!

I will try my darnedest to keep my blog posts updated but if I slack off in both writing and reading other blogs, I apologize in advance. Since I`m chatting about my obsession with writing, the novel that’s done is coming along well. I now have the second round of edits back and am hoping to have that chore completed before NaNo kicks off on the first.*Crosses fingers* The artwork is coming along nicely and should be quite fun and quirky with a homespun feel, which is what I was hoping for.

That covers the book and NaNo news, so what else do I have to pass along? *Ponders and sips java*

Oh, there`s this that blew in yesterday.





Uh-huh, that`s snow. I was less than impressed to see this arrive so early. Along with lows in the twenties this is a taste of winter that I wasn`t particularly hungry for.

On the goat front all is settling down in the barn. Auron seems a tad weary though. The other day Mister and I had to laugh at the poor, bedraggled man. He had three does in heat at once. Talk about not knowing whether to poop or wind your watch! He literally didn`t know which way to turn with three lovely ladies all vying for his attention at the same time. We had to snicker at him and his predicament! The Sable and LaMancha does over at my buddy Marcia`s are doing good. Two have been romanced by their chosen fellows. We`re still waiting on Calliope but she had come into heat two days before they went over, so it will be another week or so until she and her beau meet. Then we`ll be able to bring them home and that will be that for this breeding season.


Well, guess I`ve bent your ears for long enough this morning. I had best get my rump in gear and head to the grocery store. Before I forget, which I do very easily, a big yodel of welcome to Bri Clark! Welcome to the hillside farm, Bri!


Have a great weekend gang!

4 comments:

Texan said...

I am seeing so many snow pics on blogs!

Yep those goatie boys can get in a bit of a state when several goatie girls are after them LOL...

Sharon said...

Snow! It's very pretty to look at, isn't it, but seems so soon! May have tons of it again this winter. :(

V.L. Locey said...

I agree, it is pretty to look at. Gosh, I sure hope we don`t get socked again this winter like we did last winter!

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Snow is very pretty to look at but I do not do well with cold weather! The goats sound very "busy" and I hope all goes well with the breeding for some pretty March/April babies!
Connie