Saturday, September 17, 2011

More Harvesting and Spooky Things Occuring

Good morning gang, there`s a fresh pot perking so come on in and have a sit-down.


It`s a glorious day here in the hills of Pennsylvania. The sun is shining and it`s fall all over! Leaves are just beginning to tint and a crisp kiss of a chill is in the air. Actually yesterday I had to start the truck up a few minutes before we left for the school bus to get rid of the ice. Ah yes, that time of year is creeping up on us here in PA. Speaking of creeping, we`ve had a few odd things happen here the past few days. Creepy disappearances and odd destructive poltergeist type things…..

Miss Yodeling has been the target of this ghostly presence, having her MP3 charger come up missing and the charger for her cell phone mysteriously riddled into bits. Amazingly I have a photograph of the mischievous specter. Please don`t let her innocent appearance fool you; this little imp is pure devilment!



I know, it`s hard to imagine that Lu-Lu would do such things, but she was caught red-pawed yesterday on top of Miss Yodeling`s dresser, trying to swipe ponytail holders and/or the brand new cell phone charger I picked up just that morning in town! Thankfully the MP3 charger was found underneath Miss Yodeling`s desk. Needless to say both chargers are now in a drawer and hopefully the devilment will abate.

Other than the spooky feline stuff all has been pretty serene here. I`m thrilled to say I finished my book and it is now in the hands of my editor! *Does happy goatherder clog dance* I foresee many red marks and at least another revision or two before I submit it to the publishing company I`ve chosen. I`m hoping to see some preliminary sketches from the two artists that expressed an interest soon as well! I will keep you all up-to-date as this process moves along, since it`s all new to me and I`m finding it very exciting!

Last night Mister and I took to the garden for another round of harvesting. Miss stayed inside due to a nasty cold settling in. That`s pretty standard. Back to school one week and already sick. It was a beautiful evening with a rustling wind that made us both tug on a flannel shirt. We picked three fifty pound feedbags of silver queen for my sister-in-law to put into her freezer.



More corn stalks were needed and our pumpkins had to be picked as well.



We cut down enough corn stalks for a feeder full for the goats and a wagon load for Patty. They promptly dove in like hogs in a freshly filled trough!



Today looks like a laundry day for me after I visit with my blogging buddies. I may whittle a bit on some fan fiction then tonight we`re going to settle in and watch Thor on DVD. Yes, I made a trip to Wal-Mart earlier in the week just to pick it up. I am such a comic nerd!

So, how`s things in your neck of the woods?

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

congrats on finishing the novel! at least the first round! :)

Feral Female a.k.a. Vicki Locey said...

Thanks Texwis! I have a suspicion the writing part was the easy part! *Wink*

Sharon said...

Great that you have your novel finished! My work isn't good, and it only had 22,000 words, so what is that, a short story? Every time I read it I find mistakes.

I laughed at the picture of the goats going for the corn stalks! Great picture!

Have a most lovely day!

Feral Female a.k.a. Vicki Locey said...

Hi Sharon!

From what I`ve been told a short story is generally under 10,000 words. You could call your book a novella. We all make mistakes, that`s what editors are for. Do you have someone that could beta read it for you, to point out any grammatical or mechanical errors?

Michele Stefanides said...

I am so excited about your novel!! I thought of you right away when I saw the commercial for the Thor DVD the other day!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•. .•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•. ☆ .•
Congratulations on finishing your book!!!
✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
. . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
……………… ....♥ •.¸.•´♥……………
I hope you're having a good day, and add me to the fan club of that last picture!!

Feral Female a.k.a. Vicki Locey said...

Thanks Michele and Kim. *Hugs*

They sure did dig into that corn. Come morning there wasn`t a leaf left! =)

Carol............. said...

Bad kitty! LOL

The picture of the goats is hilarious...they are certainly enjoying the meal!

Country Dreaming said...

Glad to hear that you "debunked" (as they say on Ghost Hunters)
the issue. Silly Kitty!

The goat pic is oh so funny.

Looks like you havee a good pumpkin crop.

Yea Fall!!!!


Melinda

phylliso said...

So happy you got your novel done, so soon too!I can`t wait to continue on reading it,phyllis

Nezzy said...

Woohoo!!! A book? I'm just thrilled for ya. See what I've missed this summer bein' MIA.

Love that goatie picture. Hungry little boogers.

God bless ya and have a most beautiful day sweetie!!!

Texan said...

Ok so I missed this! You finished your book!!! Well wooowhooo!

Yummy corn, so wish I wasn't allergic. I could live on just corn. sighhh

Look at all those pumpkins!

Art and Sew Forth said...

LuLu is just a misguided angel...still in training!
Love all those goats! I miss our goats. They were always good for laughs and affection....