Friday, April 15, 2011

Mother Earth`s Embrace






Mother Earth`s Embrace
*~*~*

I look upon the shrouded mounts

Their tops lost in hazy bliss

Soft shades of grey envelop them

A mother`s gentle kiss

*~*

The peaks are lost to mortal eyes

Gone are the trees and dale

She holds them closely to her breast

And shields them with her veil

*~*

Misty arms of Mother Earth

Embrace the hills I seek

Maternal clinch enshrouds them well

They sigh against her cheek






Poetry by Vicki Locey 2011

8 comments:

houndstooth said...

Lovely words today!

Mr. Pip said...

Beautiful words for today. It's misty and cloudy here today.

Your pal, Pip

The Wife of a Dairyman said...

That is a gorgeous photo.....is that valley near where you live?

Nancy said...

Lovely photo and poem. Thank you for sharing both. :)

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful! And I wish I lived in that photo (in the summer!).

Melodie said...

Very nice!

Feral Female said...

Thanks all. Isn`t that a lovely image? I found it on the web and it seemed to fit the poem so nicely. I wish I lived there in the summer too Mary Ann!

Willard said...

The photograph and the poem do fit together extremely well. As usual, I enjoyed catching up on your blog. I love your sense of humor.