Thursday, April 7, 2011

50 sure has treated me well....so far that is!

Morning all, come on in, don`t mind the muck outside and I`ll grab you a fresh mug!

First I`d like to thank every one of my blogging buddies for the warm birthday wishes yesterday. What a wonderful community we have here in Blog-Land! Also a big yodel of welcome goes out to Fig Forest! Howdy and thanks for dropping in to visit with us here on the hillside farm!

Thankfully Blog-Land is quite a distance from Zombieland, which is one of the presents I got yesterday. I think it may have been one of those' Oh Man I Love This Movie So If I Get It For Her I Can Watch It Too' kind of purchases on my husband`s behalf.Sort of like me buying Miss Yodeling a copy of 'The Proposal' for her birthday! *Giggles impishly*

I did get a passle of presents for the big 50 celebration though, besides Zombieland which Mister and I watched last night. Gotta love the double-tap! Lookee here at my goodie bag-



There`s clothes and perfume and a new stereo for my truck! Oh yeah, I`ll be rocking and rolling as soon as that puppy get installed! My old one wouldn`t play my CD`s. Seriously how am I, Madame Rock & Roll Over, supposed to drive without my chosen tunes?! My mother-in-law gifted me with this adorable card and a new gift certificate to our local bookstore!



The one she got me at Christmas got spent on J.R. Ward`s new book, two other spicy romance novels and a nice compilation of Dashiell Hammett stories including The Maltese Falcon, The Thin Man and The Glass Key. I`ve never read the stories but I have swooned over Bogie in Maltese Falcon.



*Sighs* I just love Bogie.

Ahem, anydoodles I also got a few gifts from my pets, which I shant show you since they were rather disgusting. Lucius brought me a soggy dead mole yesterday and Trinity came back from a pee run with the lower half of a deer jaw. Both of those lovely and thoughtful gifts got tossed into the wood stove but don`t tell them okay? I know it`s the thought that counts. Also Ole Man Winter gave Feral this overnight-



Isn`t it just precious??

Nothing like a few more inches of snow. Personally I`d have been much more pleased with Ryan Reynolds in a bow-I mean with a bow- Aw heck, never mind, ain`t no point to trying to clean that dirty thought up now is there? All in all the big 50 was a lovely day spent writing, reading, napping and enjoying the evening with Mister and Miss. And what more could this old goatherder ask for?!



Well besides Ryan and that stragetically placed bow that is.

7 comments:

texwisgirl said...

ha ha!

my hubby loves that movie (Zombieland) too. we've watched it a few times too. "don't be stingy with your bullets". :)

Nancy said...

What a great birthday and presents. Umm, except the snow. I would return that one. :)

houndstooth said...

Can you get a refund on the snow?

I'm glad you had such a great day! :) Also, in case you needed help spending that new gift certificate, that new Larissa Ione book might make you forget about not getting Ryan Reynolds in a bow, or think about him in a whole new way! ;)

Texan said...

ya I am with everyone else I would return the snow lol... Book store gift cert. one can't go wrong there can they! Looks like you got tons of nifty things... and a nice evening with your mister and DD...

Flat Creek Farm said...

Darn!! I missed it!! But, nonetheless, Dear Feral.. welcome to the 5-0 club. It's a great place to be. I've been here since last July. Enjoy your goodies!! Belated Happy B-day!! -Tammy

Mr. Pip said...

Glad you had a nice birthday. That's pretty funny about the movie. My mom is a big fan of Bogie, too - heck so am I! If only I were that cool! My mom's birthday is Saturday and I think she is hoping for a gift card to a bookstore, too.

Your pal, Pip

Mr. Pip said...

Hi - Just wanted to let you know that I did a post today that refers back to your Wednesday post.

Have a great weekend.

Your pal, Pip