Monday, March 7, 2011

Snow, Glorious Snow!!

Might as well sing about it huh? Mornin` all! Take a gander at what we got yesterday and last night-

This is as far as the front door would open-




Hmmmm, a wishing well. Wonder what Feral is wishing for-



There`s a car there somewhere-




I did get up to get the birds done this morning. You should have seen the looks the geese gave me when I pushed thier door open and they spied the 15-18 inches of new snow! We have a snow day today so looks like Miss and I will be doing some shoveling. Plowing with the 4-wheeler is a no-go so when Mister gets home he`ll have to get the Kubota out! This lovely stuff started out as rain yesterday. I suppose we should be thankful it wasn`t all snow or we`d be up to our keisters! Heck it was over my knees as it is but then again we Hobbits are rather low to the ground.


And to think I thought I saw my first robin yesterday. Good luck finding a worm my fine-feathered friend!


I`d like to give a yodel of welcome to Wife of a Dairyman! Thanks for stopping in for a visit!

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! That's a lot o snow! Do you usually get as much snow as you've gotten this winter?

texwisgirl said...

Jeepers! Crazy snow!

Sharon said...

This is a good example of global warming. WOW!

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

I admire your enthusiasm.:)

What can you do? Dance in the snow.

Have a great snow day with your daughter.

Mr. Pip said...

OH NO! Our snow is all melted - just rain for us! What a crazy winter this has been.

Your pal, Pip

Paula said...

Yikes! I was feeling crummy because we're having a cold snap right now... I don't feel so bad anymore! *BRRRR*

d'Artagnan said...

I gave you a shout-out on my blog today! www.livinginiowa.net

--d'Arty

Rural Revival said...

Oh my goodness! We had a few inches and I thought that was bad! : )

Feral Female said...

Ya knnow we don`t usually get so much in such a short time span. I think thats what makes it seem so darn overwhelming. Three feet in like 2-3 weeks is just enough thanks Ole Man Winter!

d-arty I`ll drop in. Thanks ever so!

Willard said...

Unbelievable, we only got a light dusting here. Now we are getting a lot of rain, I hope it isn't snow in your area.

Buttons said...

Wow you got the snow we got the rain. I like the snow it is easier to work in. OK at least I don't get soaked. B