Friday, March 18, 2011

First Set of 2011 Twins

Morning all! I`m pleased to say that yesterday our first set of kids arrived. These handsome lads are from my doe Elizabeth and my junior buck Auron. Mom is doing fine, dad was noncommital. Miss Yodeling named them Altair and Ezio-Ezio is the brown fellow.



I think things may be hopping for the next few days, last night I checked ligaments on the remaining five does to kid and couldn`t find them. So we may be running around like headless chickens, time will tell. Could be I was too tired to do the checks properly. Stranger things have happened!





Verde Farms

Since it is again Friday we`re going to toss in our goatherding hat and join Verde Farm`s Friday Farm Friend blog hop!


Have a wonderful weekend gang!

18 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

You know I'm kinda partial to twins!

A Rural Journal said...

Adorable! I've decided no goats for me -- but I do so enjoy seeing everyone's babies. :)

Holly Diane said...

What a pair of beauties! Wish I could have a goat!

phylliso said...

How adorable!phyllis

Texan said...

They are so cute! Such pretty colors they have too!

texwisgirl said...

Cutest little beauties!

The Wife of a Dairyman said...

How cute are they?!! Adorable!

va_grown said...

What a sweet pose to catch them in!

We had a set of twins first thing this morning too! Maybe that means an exciting weekend (in a good way!) coming up.

Mr. Pip said...

Super cute!

Your pal, Pip

Sharon said...

Aw.... so cute!

Sandy said...

Adorable! I'm thinking that I may have to live vicariously through my blogging friends to get my "goat kid fix" this year but I'm still holding out hope for Bonnie.....(sighs wishfully).

But just in case, post lots of baby pictures for me! :)

Millie said...

You have cute kids! It's always nice when the kids start arriving!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

ah, they are sooo cute! i want to pet them! checking for ligaments...hmmm, something i know nothing about...i sure hope all is well with your goaties!

Rural Revival said...

Oh my goodness, cuteness overload!! They're so precious. Congratulations and I hope the season continues well for you!

~Andrea~

Willard said...

They are beautiful!

Country Dreaming said...

Congratulations on the new additions.
Good Luck with any more coming.

Melinda

Brenda said...

I love the color of that black one. He looks like velvet! Snuggly soft!

Feral Female said...

They are darn cute aren`t they? That black buck has already found a home. I`m always so glad to get them good loving places to live!