Monday, February 7, 2011

Warm Thanks And Soft Purrs

Hello fans of fabulous felines, it`s me Lu-Lu!



Oh pardon me for yawning in your face like that, I`ve been very tired since my harrowing experience the other day. My human, that goofy goatherder, told me that you other bloggers have been very kind and sent me a score of good wishes! Thank you so very much for that. I am feeling much better I`m pleased to report! My new cat food is quite tasty and even Lucius likes it, but then again he eats mice so his palate may be a teensy bit less refined than mine.

This morning I ventured outdoors when the dogs and Lucius went out. It was very chilly out there and I disliked the ice and snow on my prim little paws! I did get a chance to talk with C.B. the cow barn rooster though and he wished me to relay some news and general information.

According to C.B. his flock of hens and he are what he terms ‘Rebel Chickens’. I took that to mean that they have broken off from the main flock that sleeps in the chicken coop in some sort of anti-establishment sort of uprising. Why they chose to live in the cow barn is beyond me! Why there`s a cow in there! And I won`t even begin to talk about the piles of cow patties all over the place! Yuk!

C.B. also wanted to ensure everyone that the grey silky hen that was so thoughtlessly molested by that nasty old opossum will be fine. He assures me that he shall keep her very warm at night as they cuddle up together on the rafters of Sir Patrick of Moo`s abode. Personally I would much rather be cuddled up beside the goofy goatherder on their lovely bed at night. That is where a princess such as I belongs is it not?

Thank you all again for your well wishes, they made me feel so much better! I think I hear the goofy goatherder coming in from watering those noisy geese so I`ll meander off and begin my daily fourteen hour nap.



Yours in devilment-

Lu-Lu

11 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Hi Lu-Lu! So glad to see you're doing better! And the hen too! Woo Hoo! I think those goatherder humans like you all very much!

Michele Stefanides said...

Good to hear Lu Lu's doing better. And also the more molested hen!

Sharon said...

Good to hear you are feeling so much better, Lu-Lu! That must have been terrible for you! Yes, take lots of naps and soon the ordeal will be forgotten!
If you see the silkie, tell her to heal up fast too!

Brenda said...

Glad you're doing better, Lu-Lu! You've got to stay on top of your game to keep your goatherder on her toes.

Rebel chickens are funny that way. Don't ask them what they do with those cow pies out in their new home. It may turn your stomach!

Judy's Corner said...

Love it!

d'Artagnan said...

Glad you are feeling better, Lulu!

Nancy said...

Yay Lu-lu! So glad you are back to being the "boss." :)

houndstooth said...

Enjoy your nap LuLu! I hope you're feeling much better soon and I'm glad the silky chicken will be safe and warm. Mmmm....chicken!

Bunny

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

ah that is wonderful about lulu. did the blood test results reveal anything? glad little silkie is going to be ok...such a frightful thing for the poor baby!

Feral Female said...

The blood work did come back okay and she can now be slowly reintroduced to her regular dry cat food. Fingers crossed all stays well with her!

Texan said...

Great to see your feeling better, a fourteen hour nap! ewwww where do I sign up for that! :O)