Sunday, February 20, 2011

Smile! You`re On Candid Camera!

Morning gang,have a seat and I`ll find more mugs.


Yesterday Mister Yodeling finally managed to get on the hill and pull some of the memory cards from his game camera`s. The snow drifts had kept him away from them but since we had a good melt the path was cleared pretty much. He has three out but the one that`s placed beside a scrap pile is the one that really excited us. If you recall a couple months ago we butchered our Holstein steer. There is a lot of things left over after a butcher job of that size! So Mister hauled the huge amount of undesireables up on the hill, placed them with some deer carcasses and set up his game camera.

I thought these shots were really cool and wanted to share some of them with y`all. It`s not often we get to see these predators here in Pennsylvania although I know they are around, and quite close if the coy-dog songs we hear at night are any indication. The game camera lists a ton of different things with each photo it takes which is a neat feature. You`ll be able to see date, time, temperature and barometric pressure on each snapshot!

Most are at night and the infrared doesn`t take as good a quality picture as the regular daytime camera seems to in my humble but the images are still pretty damn neat despite that. This is a pretty heavy picture load I`ll warn in advance. Gives you more time to sip some coffee right? *Winks*

Okay, let`s get this going then-

Coyote



Coyote meets Skunk



Bobcat arrives



Bobcat meets skunk (Looks like the skunk got first dibs this time!)



Two bobcats ( A mated pair perhaps?)



Another picture of the two bobcats, a better one I feel



And the coyote returns



Coyote and bobcat meet



A really good image of Senor Coyote



One of the bobcats a couple days later sneaking up on the scrap pile




Pretty neat stuff isn`t it? I hope you enjoyed them as much as we did!

15 comments:

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i thought it was spectacular! coyote and bobcat meeting with no fight surprised me.

Feral Female said...

It did us as well KK! Mister thinks that given the chance the coyote would back off from a bobcat, who has twice the weapons the canine has. Glad you enjoyed them!

Brenda said...

That is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

Melodie said...

Yikes! This is why I stay inside at night! Yeah, yeah I know they don't bother people but my brain won't tell that to my scaredy cat self!

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

Great photos. So much activity around that scrap pile. They all must be so hungry with all the snowfall.

phylliso said...

Wow,they are good pictures.Those critters look well fed!I often wonder what waunders through here at night,phylliso

texwisgirl said...

Great job! Quite the plethora of furry critters!

~Tonia said...

Thats cool!!

Sharon said...

I really enjoyed the pictures, is not often (for me never) that you get to see wildlife in a scavenging situation, except maybe the large birds on a road kill. Thanks for this - it's a great post!

small farm girl said...

My dad has these kind of game trackers. We have seen everything from coyotes, to goats. LOL. I want one. heheheehe

houndstooth said...

One of my favorite blogs that I follow is from Colorado and she uses a lot of game cameras, too. Guessing from what I've learned from reading about bobcats on her blog, I'm wondering if you have a mother and kitten. It definitely looks like the camera has seen a lot of action!

Verde Farm said...

Wow--these are great catches. Amazing that the coyote and bobcat were so close--no fighting huh? I am always afraid of the coyotes here at our farm. I saw one during the day once. I think he was sick-he looked bad and just stared at me and then ran away.

Chai Chai said...

Wow, this is a dangerous place at night. Good thing you keep the goats locked up in the barn at night.

Feral Female said...

Glad you all liked them!

You know Houndy that could be a mom and a kit, never thought of that!

Willard said...

Thanks for posting these photos. I told Coy about this and he said we need to try this when we butcher a beef. Those are amazing photographs. I know we have both coyotes and bobcats here, but I rarely get to see a bobcat.