Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ho-Hum





Morning all, come on in and have a cuppa!


Have you fellow bloggers ever had a spell where you sit and stare at the blank Word page wondering what to write about? That`s been me for the past few days. It`s been a ho-hum kind of week here. The weather has been warming up into the forties but it`s still too ugly to really do anything outside. Not to mention that it drops down below freezing at night so all that melted snow turns into a curling arena just in time for morning chores! Thankfully I have so far stayed on my feet thanks to the spikes attached to my Muck boots.

The goats are gestating nicely but even they seem to have the February blahs. The ducks and geese have been getting into some nice skirmishes the past week or so, must be the longer days are making the gangers and drakes a bit more aggressive. I`ll take their behavior to mean spring is on the way. I did go Tuesday to get my birthday shopping done for Miss Yodeling. Since she does read this on Facebook I won`t spill the beans about what she got. Nyah! *Sticks tongue out at nosy teenager*

Although I did have a moment of aggravation as I was driving to Wal-Mart.*Tugs out soapbox*



Why is it that some people just don`t think that the speed limit is fast enough? Can someone explain that to me? Is it really that important that you get to wherever it is you`re going two minutes earlier? Does your rush justify whipping around a person who is doing 55 (Which is the speed limit on this particular road) and nearly slamming into an oncoming on a wickedly curved country road? Do the words SPEED LIMIT really mean anything? Honestly this yahoo tore around me on a lethal curve and nearly wiped out not only himself but me and another car. I know that I`m getting old and all but is losing your life, the life of your passengers and the lives of innocent people worth getting there three minutes sooner?? Okay, I`m done ranting about idiotic drivers with needs for speed. *Steps off soapbox*

Today I was supposed to ride along with my mother-in-law up to Sayre so that she could have her final checkup on the carpal tunnel surgery she had. Actually I was kind of looking forward to it since, as I said, this has been a ho-hum week so far, but my brother-in-law Elmer (Actually his name is Jeff but somehow he became Elmer) has her car and volunteered to drive her up. So instead of gadding I`ve stripped the beds and am doing laundry. Oh the excitement of my life I tell you! Ah well I suppose we need these quiet times don`t we?

So what`s been keeping you guys and gals busy of late???

12 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

I finally forced myself to clean the bathroom, that was fun--NOT Seems the more time I spend writing, the much less I want to do housework. I'm currently dreaming of selling enough copies of my book to afford a housekeeper... Actually, that fantasy might make a good story... :-)

Texan said...

I could spend all day on that soap box! I say the same thing is getting there 3 minutes sooner really worth the risk to everyone else! They zoom by then wound up slamming on the breaks anyway as soon as they come to the next car in front. Then take stupid risk to pass that person as well. etc. etc... good grief.

Yep somedays are just sorta kindas aren't they :O).

texwisgirl said...

I have to fess up. There's been really stupid times in my life when I've been the yahoo passing folks and cutting things a little too close for everyone's comfort. I REALLY don't do that anymore. Of course it helps that I REALLY don't rush to get anywhere anymore either! :)

I get to drive in to Dallas today to meet a friend for lunch. Going to Campisi's for pizza and pasta. Back in the day, it was a well-known (alleged) mob hangout here in Big D.

Sharon said...

Good morning! It does seem kind of a blah day around here. It looks like rain, any time now, and I would just love to go back to bed and forget about the dust & dog hair bunnies that have taken over.

Speeders, yes, I know when the speed limit is 55, you should go 55 or less, but somehow - if the road is clear, I tend to run at 58 (!) it is just where my foot is comfortable. :-) I seldom pass anyone, with that double yellow line on most of the roads here, that would be downright stupid.

You would have had to mention stripping the beds.... I need to do that first! Have a great day being domestic and I will grin and bare it doing my thing!

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

I have the opposite problem. I've got so many things I want to blog about ... why -- I don't know. I guess Spring gets my thoughts simmering.

John Gray said...

sometimes you feel you have done nothing but when you REALLY think about things you will realise that you have never stopped!

~Tonia said...

What am I doing?...Watching a goat hoping that she will be ENDING her gestation today!.....
I give a hardy AMEN to your soap box subject!!

Jim said...

I know what you mean about ho-hum days! But I have discovered that even these days are worthy of a post....you never know what will come out and in which direction the post will go. So next time post about ho-hum!!
Fast drivers...they are everywhere. I know it's usually an 'age' thing but I guess they won't learn until someone is hurt.

Willard said...

I know what you mean about the writer's block.

As for the drivers, the passing in a turn is the worse, but the other that gets me is on the interstate when someone goes around you and then can barely get back in the right lane in time to make a right exit.

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Hi Feral Female, I have a little supprise for ya. Just for commenting regularly I want to send you one of the reader recipe book I gave away recently I found an extra copy at my news agent, and thought you might like one. So just rmail your address and I pop it in the post for ya.
Have a great weekend
Rina

Feral Female said...

Thanks, I`ll keep blogging about those ho-hum days then as well! I`ll be right over Rina!

small farm girl said...

Nothing! I've been doing NOTHING!!!!!!! Ok, I think you get the picture. lol