Tuesday, January 18, 2011

There may be snow on the muzzle.....

.....Literally and figuratively, but there`s still puppy in the heart! This is our old gal Poe chasing the elusive and transparent snowmouse while she was out helping do chores yesterday. Who says having bad hips has to side-line you from the fun things in life??


'Methinks me hears the squeak of the snowmouse!'



'I shall close in using my advanced canine hearing! Silence ducks! You are not aiding in the sound receptor aspect of my stalk!'



'Now t`is necessary to block the rascal with both front paws.'



'Then burrow your head into the snowbank!'





Although the mysterious and unseen snowmouse escaped her this time, I`m pretty sure Poe will be on the lookout for him again!

11 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

Snow mouse may have wandered over to my yard yesterday, my Sammy came in with snow all over his snout! I had been watching him run and dig through the snow, definitely on the scent of something. :-)

Texan said...

Ah yes our old friends have puppy days! Our Kota (dog) is in that phase of life.

texwisgirl said...

Oh she's beautiful! I have a little white-faced 13 yr old yellow lab named Marigold. She does her best to stay young and frisky too.

Brenda said...

Looks like Poe had a good play in the snow!

Nancy said...

Poe gives me hope that even though there's snow on my head, I can still *try* to play, even if I look somewhat silly. :)

houndstooth said...

Ha ha! Poe, you're doing the world a valuable service by keeping the snowmice from taking things over! Keep up the good work!

Sharon said...

LOL! Is that what they are looking for when they do that? Jill does that every time we have snow, I would think it would give them brain freeze!

Nekkid Chicken said...

OOOOH perhaps Poe chased snow mouse into my now found HOUSE MOUSE. We saw a little one this morning. EEEEEEEEEK

Verde Farm said...

Oh how cute. I am sure Poe will chase that little snow mouse eventually. How fun!

Feral Female said...

I think the snowmouse escaped because I just saw Lucius running through the snow with it in his mouth! Wanna take bets it ends up on my front porch??

Millie said...

Dogs are so funny as long as they are on the other side of the fence!