Monday, January 24, 2011

I`ve come to a conclusion

This conclusion is that men tend not to pay strict attention to women when we speak. What brings me to this conclusion is the fact that not just three days ago I said to Ole Man Winter that enough was enough. Apparently he had his selective hearing on just as Mister Yodeling does at times, because this morning we woke up to find the temperature was at a balmy -18 F.

So from now on I will have to speak louder it seems. I forsee a goodly amount of high-toned yodeling discsussions in the near future. I thought I`d share some pictures I managed to snap as I did the warm-water runs this morning. Even the camera refused to work well due to the cold, so I only got this one picture of Patty from a distance. His nose though is covered with frost! Poor cow-man!



Chilly goats trying to get warm in the sunshine.



Anakin says this weather stinks and is giving the cold a good raspberry!



Calliope, Freya and Persephone are wondering when the heck spring is going to arrive!



Jennifer and her son Ares are just going to chow down and stay inside it seems.




I think I`ll be doing just what Jennifer and Ares are doing, staying inside and trying to get my digits thawed! *Grabs a cup of fresh coffee and sighs blissfully*

9 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

That poor cow seems to be saying "What the heck?"

Feral Female said...

I think we were all saying that this morning Michele!

Brenda said...

Burrrr! It's a good thing they all had their nice warm winter goats on. Breathing in that cold weather is so hard.... especially when you're carrying warm water buckets.

I think Old Man Winter may get the message that his time if finished since you changed your blog background! :D

Nancy said...

Oh my! I'll quit complaining about the 4 degrees we woke up to today. Poor outdoor babies! I hope it warms up soon for you.

Paula said...

Yikes! I'm with the goats~ stay inside!
I've learned that Old Man Winter disses me every time too. The scoundrel.

houndstooth said...

Stay warm and inside! I'm pretty sure Old Man Winter is deaf as a door nail!

Mr. Pip said...

I have vowed to stay inside until spring!

Your pal, Pip

Carol............. said...

The goats inside are smart and look warm!

Ol' Man winter is deaf!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Wow, it certainly is cold out your way! We're going through a warm-up here (short one, I fear.. but a break would be nice). I hope warmth travels your way soon. Love the pics! Stay warm!! -Tammy