Saturday, December 25, 2010

A dandy yodeling holiday!

Hello all, tug out a chair and grab your favorite mug!


I hope this Christmas was a wonderful one for you and yours, and that Santa left what you asked for under your trees! I know he surely did right by this group of goatherders! I`d kept telling everyone how good I had been and by gosh ole Kris Kringle proved me right! Now that all the hoopla is done and the meal of roast beast is cleaned up, I figured it would be fine time to sit down with me blogging buddies, share a pot of decaf and shoot the breeze.

Lest I forget because I do tend to forget easily, we did get our butchering chores done. Took us two full days but by gosh it`s done. I`ll pass those along to you guys on Monday. Who wants to talk meat wrapping on Christmas day? Instead y`all are lucky enough to see the three goatherder`s ripping open paper and playing with thier new toys.

Now as I was sitting here sipping on a fresh mug of coffee I had to decide upon something. Should I save the 'Oh-Good-Lord-What-A-Nerd-Feral-Is picture for last or just get it out of the way first off? Since everyone who visits here knows what a comic geek I am, might as well slap up the picture of me with my new Ironman toy!



I can`t even try act like I`m all that embarrassed. Actually since I now have a unibeam disc and the helmet all I need are the gauntlets and I will be in fangirl heaven! (Ahem, are you listening for next year Santa??)

Now that the resident geek has had her moment in the sun, we`ll move to less nerdly members of my family.

Miss Yodeling and her Warriors of Rock game for her X-Box.(Sorry it`s so dark, it was hard to see through the lighted eye slits of my Ironman mask.)



Grandma and Patches.(Both wondering what kind of fool woman wears a mask that talks.)



Tinker looking festive. (I wasn`t the only one to don silly headgear!)



Dad and Tinker. (Dad is happy to see that his step-daughter really is as goofy as he always suspected she was.)




As you may have noticed Mister somehow avoided the camera. How he did this I cannot say but according to the scans now running across my HUD he was hiding behind a pile of camoflauge clothes. No wonder my armor couldn`t pick him up! The sneaky Pete! That`s okay, I have tons of him butchering that I`ll stick up on Monday. So there Mister Shy-Guy!


Now I`m off to catch up with my favorite blogs then perhaps it will be time to track down some bad guys!

*Fires repulsor boots and flies off into cold winter sky with a yodel*

12 comments:

The Phoenix Rising said...

Iron man needs a breast reduction or that's a women wearing his mask.

Melodie said...

I don't know which picture made me giggle more the one of you as Iron Woman or the one of Tinker,that look on her face...hehehehe! Merry Christmas!

Willard said...

Merry Christmas!

It looks like you had a great day. As always, I enjoyed your writing and photographs.

Sharon said...

Sounds like a fun day! Poor Tinker, he didn't have any choice in the matter of headgear!

The end of a Merry Christmas! (Back to the grind in a day or two!)

houndstooth said...

I'm glad you had such a great Christmas! I can just imagine the screaming that ensued when that Iron Man gear was unwrapped. I shan't comment at all about that unibeam! Nope! Not me!

Merry Christmas to you!

Texan said...

Looks like a fun day!

I am going to whisper this, I think maybe just maybe the computer gremlins have left and I am back up and running full speed on all blogs! shhhhh

Mister Oz said...

I donned silly head gear too!! Headquarters has started to get a little concerned about me!!

I'm happy to hear everyone had a wonderful day, I did quite alright myself.

Thanks for the well wishes, Feral, and all my best to you and yours these Holidays!

small farm girl said...

You just crack me up!

Michele Stefanides said...

So funny!! And cute. And not geeky at all, says the woman who is so excited by her favorite gift of a DVD course in black holes presented by her favorite astrophysics professor and researcher...ha ha ha!

Leigh said...

Glad to see you had a great Christmas! We are all geeks.... er... I got a book about fungi and I was tickled pink... but maybe that just makes me a nerd. LOL
Have a safe New Year!
All the Best,
Leigh

Feral Female said...

Ah I see we are a fun-loving community of nerds and geeks, each of us special in our unique nerdiness! Rejoice I say in what makes us so darn special.

Now I must be off, there be crime to battle!

Verde Farm said...

Oh you are a hoot. Love that your wore the iron man helmet. That is just cool if you ask me! Looks like everyone had a great Christmas at your place and the camo must be darn good since he blended so well we can’t see him :) Happy New Year to you all!